9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, IP Core Transmission
- Plan and design node, sites & links within the national IP/MPLS Edge & Core Networks and ensure ongoing development aligns with the organization’s business plan
- Produce network convergence hierarchy, topology, architecture and infrastructure redundancy plan for VPN service integration, regional service provider edge aggregation and IP Core Transport via the multi-service backbone.
- Interface with Transmission specialists and Topology for planning of optic (DWDM) backbone connectivity, capacity planning and allocation for efficient transport of all internal and external data traffic.
- Plan, design and optimize routing & transport technologies for provider EDGE aggregation and core transport network integration and verify requests, justify needs and classify all requested networks and services for MPLS VPN integration.
- Plan, deploy and evolve Quality of Service techniques at the network Edge and in the MPLS core network.
- Plan all backbone integration events, issue work orders and control project processes for capacity expansion, node integration and/or new service introduction.
- Conduct weekly & monthly net work performance monitoring, trend analyses, capacity planning and expansion in line with network growth trends and increase in traffic.
- Develop and evolve IP addressing, naming and numbering formats of all network nodes and elements in the IP/MPLS backbone.
- Produce and evolve designs for integration and extension of IP/MPLS edge functionality to the campus LAN Core at all IP Backbone locations.
- Plan schedule and conduct site visits and surveys for accurate and effective network design, dimensioning and integration planning.
- Assist in network capacity planning, network disaster recovery planning, Network synchronization planning, contact management, project management, SLA (Service-level agreements specifications).
- Provide input towards architectural and topology plans of the entire core network.
- Help monitor technology evolution and match vendor strategy.
- Evaluate cost benefit of media technologies.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Manager, IP Planning & Enterprise Solution
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) to five (5) year relevant work experience
- Cisco Certification in Routing & Switching required (CCNP)
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- IP Network design & Planning
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online