Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Manager
Job Requisition ID: R-65969
Job Type: Full time
Business Context and Main Purpose of Job
- Effective Liquidity, foreign exchange and commodity backroom operations management are critical to ensure the safeguard of Unilever’s financial assets.
- This role is involved in the Treasury operations for Unilever Nigeria and the role is to oversee the day-to-day Treasury and commodity hedging operations and be the lead for upcoming Treasury projects.
- The role will also oversee the management of the Pension funds for the Business as well as the insurance activities for the Business and its assets.
- The role will also be focusing on managing the Liquidity and Foreign exchange requirements for the business in addition to running the back-office operations in addition to managing and maximizing the Tax liabilities for the Business.
- Lead and work with Regional / Global Treasury to ensure adequate facilities are available to meet existing and future business funds requirements.
- Co-ordinate documentary credits with the banks
- Develop and maintain effective operational network with key Banks/Financial Institutions to ensure smooth operations and harness opportunities.
- Responsible to administer role for Bank related systems.
- Co-ordinate and ensure documentation in place to transact with Banks (facilities letter, documentation, director’s resolution etc)
- Ensure accurate and timely internal reporting for both statutory and internal reporting of the Treasury function. These include:
- Managing CapGemini (offshore Accounts team) for Treasury outsourced activities.
- Reviewing journals on Interest charges, bank charges, Unilever Finance International (UFI) sweep and fund transactions, Loans, FX differences arising out of settled FX contracts, settlement of payments and collections, revaluation & mark to market on open FX contracts.
- Analysing and ensuring timely completion of Treasury reports (FX exposures, currency trends, Cash Forecast, actual cash flows; hedging requirements and Trade Loan reconciliation).
- Ensure Unilever’s financial assets are safe guarded with proper planning of short-, medium- and long-term cash requirements. This includes funding requirements and maximizing long term returns on excess liquidity.
- Forecast day-to-day cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings or increase returns on excess cash.
- Reviews company’s cash forecast and performs an analysis on the projected vs. reported cash holdings.
- Mitigates financial risks related to the interest rates on the foreign exchange positions.
- Propose Forex strategies and exposure limits incorporating market insights on Forex trends into hedging decisions.
- Design and implement full end to end (process design, systems, accounting treatments) solutions for back-office operations on new commodities, instruments, and regions.
Governance, Compliance & Documentation:
- Maintains policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury operations.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in accordance with the Schedule of Authorities and are properly documented.
- Responsible for the Treasury Policy compliance and observing Forex limits.
- Establish and report treasury KPIs.
Investment sub-committee and Pension Trust Fund governance:
- Deciding on the right funds in which employees can invest in.
- Reviewing the fund performance
- Organizing pension trust meetings and briefing the trustees on fund performances, employee engagement etc
- Relationship management with administrator and custodian
Commodity Risk Management:
- Stabilizing the existing back-office operations and setup new commodities for the back-office operations
- Ensure compliance and controls are in placed in the back-office operations.
- Functional Directors
- Finance Business Partners
- Financial Control
- Customer Development Heads of Units
- Regional Treasury and Tax Teams
- Supply Chain Management Team
- 3P Outsourced Service Providers
Key Skills & Relevant Experience
- 7- 10 years’ work experience in Financial Management, Tax Accounting and Treasury Management with at least 2 years spent in leading teams.
- Strong SAP Knowledge & Excel spreadsheet skills
- Must be CIMA/ACCA/ICAN certified.
- Confident communication and stakeholder management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online