Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Ltd. (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Control / Planning Engineer
Locations: Akwa Ibom and Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain schedules and keep project resources on track.
- Provide the regular project updates to Project Manager and maintain contact staff to monitor job progress.
- Coordinate the schedule, budget issues and risk of the project.
- Ensure project management framework, it is well organised and that it runs smoothly.
- Coordinate with the project engineering team during the FEED, EPC stages regarding the project construction aspects.
- Will report to project manager.
- Monitoring project progress and creating project status reports for project management stakeholders.
- Assisting with resources scheduling so that team members have the resources they need to complete their tasks.
- Scheduling stakeholders’ meetings and facilitating communication between project Manager and stakeholders through the project the project life cycle.
- Managing project management documentation such as the project plan, budget schedule or scope statement as directed by the projects Manager.
- Ensure that projects are completed within the determined time frame within the constraints of the budget and with sufficient staffing.
- Execute project management administrative tasks.
- Schedule stakeholder meetings document and generate reports.
- Support project managers and team members to help complete project tasks.
- Familiarise with right tools like online Gantt chart and other project management software.
- He shall have the personality and drive to manage, direct, and guide the team to achieve the Project objectives. In addition, he must be assertive and firm in dealing with various discipline Engineer, vendors, contractors, and other service provides while exercising absolute control on the work.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical or) / Business administration Management
- 15 Years related experience in petrochemical projects as project CONTROL/PLANNING
- Experience in large scale green field petrochemical plant like Ethane /Polyethylene in U&O are preferred.
- Experience of handling project control/planning with project /engineering team during FEED and EPC stages with contractors and EPC.
- Proven ability to manage results through others.
- Strong coaching skills, leadership abilities, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Project Control / Planning Engineer” as the subject of the mail.