The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) plays a crucial role in facilitating admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria. As a prospective student, it’s essential to be familiar with the process of checking your admission status. This guide outlines two methods for checking your JAMB admission list and status, as well as provides insights into possible responses from JAMB.
Method 1: Checking on JAMB E-facility Portal
- Visit the JAMB E-facility portal at jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Log in to your JAMB profile using your username and password.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Check Admission Status’ tab.
- Choose your exam year and enter your registration number.
- Click ‘Check Admission Status’ to view your admission status.
Method 2: Checking on JAMB CAPS Portal
- Go to the JAMB portal at jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Log in with your email and password.
- Locate and click on ‘Check UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS.’
- Select ‘Admission Status’ on the left panel.
- Accept or reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile.’
Understanding JAMB Responses:
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION:
- Accept or reject the admission offer. Follow additional advice provided.
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS:
- Indicates you are recommended for admission and undergoing processing. Keep checking for updates.
- NOT ADMITTED:
- You are yet to be considered for admission. Regularly check the JAMB site for any changes.
Next Steps for Admitted Candidates:
- Accept or Reject Admission:
- Log in to JAMB CAPS and make your decision.
- Print JAMB Admission Letter:
- Necessary for clearance and registration.
- Print Original JAMB Result Slip:
- With passport photograph affixed.
- Apply for Change of Course (if needed):
- In case you are offered a different course from your initial choice.
What to Do if Status Shows ‘Not Yet Admitted’:
- Verify O’level Result Upload:
- Ensure your O’level result is uploaded on the JAMB portal. Visit a nearby JAMB CBT center if necessary.
Check for Transfer Recommendation:
- Some candidates may be recommended for transfer to another program. Accept or reject as per your preference.
Upload ‘Awaiting Result’ if Applicable:
- If you used ‘awaiting result’ during registration, upload your O’level result to enable the admission process.
This guide empowers JAMB candidates with step-by-step instructions on checking admission status, understanding JAMB responses, and taking necessary actions based on the outcomes. Stay informed and follow the recommended steps to ensure a smooth admission process.