The Maritime Academy of Nigeria (MAN), Oron, has announced the commencement of applications for admission into its various National Diploma (ND) programs for the 2023/2024 academic session. As a renowned institution with a rich history dating back to its establishment in 1979, MAN Oron is committed to providing quality education and training for shipboard officers, ratings, and shore-based management personnel.
Available Courses: The academy offers programs through its three schools:
- School of Nautical Studies
- Nautical Science
- School of Marine Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- School of Maritime Studies
- Maritime Transport and Business Studies
The National Diploma (ND) programs have a duration of two (2) years, divided into four (4) semesters.
The online Screening Form/Registration sales commenced on Monday, 14th August 2023. Prospective candidates are advised to carefully follow the outlined steps for a successful application.
The Post UTME Application Fee is N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) only, payable through the ADMISSION PORTAL. It is crucial to note that this fee is non-refundable, and candidates should be prepared to cover any associated bank charges.
To be eligible for the MAN Oron Post-UTME screening, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Choose Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron as the first choice of institution during the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Registration. Candidates who did not initially choose MAN Oron are required to make a change of institution via the JAMB website.
- Meet the specified UTME cut-off marks:
- Minimum of 175 marks for Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, and Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 160 marks for Maritime Transport and Business Studies.
- Possess the required O-Level subjects and JAMB UTME subjects combination as specified for each course.
Mode of Correspondence:
Candidates must have a functional and accessible email address and mobile phone number for correspondence. Physical presence is only required on invitation through the website publication and email/text messages.
Physical and Medical Fitness:
Candidates must undergo physical and medical screening, as per the peculiar requirements of the institution and the maritime industry. The results of specified medical tests must be uploaded on the application portal.
Applicants must be single and remain single throughout the duration of the program.
Candidates applying for Nautical Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, and Marine Engineering must be between the ages of 16 and 21 as of 31st October 2023. For Maritime Transport and Business Studies, the age limit is between 16 and 25.
Interested candidates should visit the Academy website www.maritimeacademy.gov.ng and follow these steps:
- Click on Admission – HND/ND Registration Portal
- Login with UTME number as Username and Jamb Score as Password
- Generate and Print the Payment Slip
- Make payment at any listed bank or pay online using the eTranzact Payment Platform
- Return to the Academy Portal to complete the Registration Form.
Prospective candidates are strongly advised to adhere to the guidelines and upload their O’ LEVEL RESULTS onto the JAMB website (CAPS) at the nearest JAMB Office or accredited CBT Centre. Regularly check the Academy’s website for updates and guidelines throughout the application process.