Northstan Limited is a reputable oil and gas company situated at Ibeju-Lekki, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos in Nigeria that is involved inthe manufacturing of different grades of lubricant products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory / Warehouse Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Handling of all inventory / stock management:
- Preparing the purchase orders.
- Receiving of stock.
- Storing of stock.
- Issuing the goods-giving out supplies from the stock.
- Managing the stock levels.
- Receiving of raw materials.
- Issuing of raw materials.
- Tracking of stock to order point.
- Weekly/Monthly stock tracking.
- All locations Stock tracking.
- Receiving and checking stock received from suppliers that they meet standards and specification, checking the supply invoices and waybills / delivery notes to purchase orders and physical stock.
- Covering all aspects of our lubricant production.
- Processing of all production certifications e.g. SONCAP, MANCAP, NAFDAC RENEWAL e.t.c.
- Ensure effective relationship with our production and packaging vendors/external contacts in line with Agreements, weekly reconciliation and regular visitation to address issues:
- Sourcing and placing orders for caps, labels, bottles, kegs, drums, e.t.c. from various packaging vendors for our various lubricant brands.
- Receiving and processing stock requisition from stock requesting department and preparation of waybills.
- Preparing the inventories for transfers to locations or deliveries to customers and receiving signed waybills from locations and customers as evidence of receipt of stock.
- Maintaining the manual stock records – bin cards for each stock item and stock register and checking that such manual records are maintained at locations, using computerized systems for entering and maintaining stock records.
- Periodic checks on status of stock, reporting on damages, spoilt stock, e.t.c.
- Following up with our different locations company-wide and receiving status report on stock, damages, spoilt stock and issuing a consolidated report.
- Preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, e.t.c. and getting necessary approval for stock adjustments company-wide.
- Handling stock returns-inwards from locations and customers based on management’s acceptance, communicating same to Accounts and ensuring that credit notes have been raised and posted to appropriate customer and location ledgers.
- Reconcile Vendor stock balances to Vendor ledger balances and advise on appropriate payments to vendors to ensure effective working capital management
- Undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members and locations after issuing notice of month-end inventory stock-taking.
- Render the following stock reports:
- Consolidated Weekly/Monthly physical stock reports –Head Office and locations.
- Obtain weekly/monthly physical stock reports.
- Weekly/Monthly Raw material reports.
- Consolidated weekly stock movement reports – Head Office and other locations. Obtain weekly stock movement reports from locations.
- Accessing stock for obsolescence and advising on discontinued production of obsolete stock.
- Maintain files of head office inventory documents and ensuring that same are maintained at locations.
- Monthly reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the books and system and head office and obtaining same from locations through issuing discrepancy reports to be addressed by locations.
- Oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse.
- Supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily. Involvement in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking.
- Ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory.
- Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines.
- Make necessary input to inventory management-planning and control policies covering critical inventory tasks to ensure that correct and complete amount of items are in stock.
- Develop and implement improvements to existing inventory operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs.
- Respond to sales inquiries and purchase orders; collect and analyze data to determine appropriate order quantities; process orders for delivery.
- Review operations schedules and production requirements to ensure timely order fulfillment.
- Lead, guide, and train location staff/student employees and interns performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of above personnel.
- Undertake other assignments as may be directed by the management.
- B.Sc (Hons) / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Candidate should be proficient in the use of the QuickBooks Accounting software.
- To be familiar with common Accounting packages e.g. QuickBooks.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft packages especially Excel as an accounting tool.
- It will be advantageous to candidates if they reside around the Lekki Peninsular and Ibeju-Lekki Areas of Lagos State.
N80,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.