9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Legal Services (Contracts and Advisory)
- Assist in drafting and interpreting contractual agreements and ensure that all contracts entered into by EMTS are consistent with corporate and governmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Assist the Manager, Legal Services (Contracts Advisory) in providing legal advice to assigned departments and divisions on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Draft contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of understanding (MoUs) or agreement (MoAs), letters of intent (LOI) and other related documents.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts and agreements.
- Assist in ensuring that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with EMTS’s policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organisation’s best interest.
- Participate in drafting and finalising tender documentation.
- Assist in litigation by or against contractors or other counterparties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Review documentation and ensure that contracts, agreements and tenders comply with agreed and approved conditions and make recommendations to the Manager, Legal Services.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from the respective EMTS departments as required.
- Maintain a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation.
- Liaise with relevant units/teams/functions in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, Legal Services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Legal Services.
- First Degree in Law.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years post NYSC work experience in a Law firm or telecoms environment.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Legal Research
- Contract Drafting
- Legislation and Compliance
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online