Are you a student from Africa dreaming of pursuing an undergraduate degree abroad? The Ashinaga Initiative might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. This fully funded scholarship aims to support students in their academic journey by covering tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees. The countries where successful candidates will pursue their studies will be determined after the selection process.
- For English-speaking and French-speaking applications: 12th January 2024 at 00h Midnight GMT
- For applicants from Lusophone countries (Angola, Cabo Verde, Guinea Bissau, São Tomé and Príncipe, and Mozambique): Midnight GMT Friday 20th October 2023
To be eligible for the Ashinaga scholarship, applicants must:
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and received the results of their national secondary school examination within the last two years (any date after 1st August 2021, including all of 2022 and 2023) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 9th, 2024.
- Be born after 1st September 2001.
- Not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
- Be proficient in English, French, or Portuguese.
- Be regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Be able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs over the course of one year before attending university.
- Be committed to returning home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
- Applicant Registration:
- Photo or scan of at least one of the following documents: Passport, National ID Card, or Birth Certificate.
- Photo or scan of your most recent High School Term Report/Transcript.
- Photo or scan of your final High School Examination Results Certificate (if applicable).
(For students receiving their examination results in February 2024, the examination certificate should be sent as soon as possible after receiving it.)
- Passport-style photograph.
- Passport or National ID Card.
- Birth certificate of the applicant.
- Death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving the death of parent(s) or orphan status.
- All term reports/secondary school transcripts from the last 2 years.
- Final secondary school examination certificate, showing grades in each subject.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or schoolteacher. This should include their email address, phone number, and information about your performance and character while at secondary school. All recommendation letters should contain an official signature or stamp.
- Academic transcripts or other results from the university (if applicable).
- Certificates for extracurricular activities, training courses, jobs, or other commitments (if applicable).
How To Apply For Ashinaga International Scholarship:
Interested applicants can register online here. Upon registration, all students will receive an email with a link to the application form within 1 month of their registration.
Seize this opportunity to turn your academic dreams into reality with the Ashinaga International Scholarship. Apply now and embark on a transformative journey towards a brighter future.