HubmartStores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experienceas well asa vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer serviceas well asour superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and maintain cost accounting system, documentation, procedures and processes.
- Determine the costs and efficiency ofcompanypurchasing activities and business operations.
- Collect and compile purchasing data for analysis.
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases/received by/from the warehouse, inventory consumption, production lossetc.
- Analyze data collected, record the results and advise accordingly.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, production methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Establish standard costs and update them as appropriate.
- Analyze production costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Interpret financial information regarding cost improvements for management.
- Forecast and plan future purchasing costs according to fiscal needs.
- Monitor and recommend ways of reducing production and other operational losses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years proven experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst or similar role
- Must have a strong cost accounting background and excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Professional certifications in ICAN/ACCA is mandatory.
- Experience with any ERP, especially Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.