Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Commercial Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Requisition ID: R120224
Job Family Group: Contracting and Procurement
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the role?
- SCiN’s Supply Chain supports Shell Nigeria’s facilities spread across 6000 km of pipelines and flowlines, 90 oil fields, >1000 producing wells, flowstations, gas plants, 2 FPSOs and various growth projects spanning across the Niger Delta region to shallow and deep offshore operating environments.
- This supply chain links the entirety of Shell Nigeria’s operations and facilitates a commercial transfer of services between Shell and vendors supporting its operations. Production facilities consists 4 assets with output of circa 400kbbls/d and >2bscf. SCIN’s Annual 3rd party spend is circa $2.7B (OPEX & CAPEX), executed via about 3200 Contracts.
- The Supply Chain Commercial Specialist will manage the execution of sourcing requirements according to Shell’s Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio and collaborate with:
- Internal (Shell) stakeholders in development and execution of procurement strategies driving towards value maximization. [Pre-Award Phase]
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. [Post-Award Phase]
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business Demand and aligned with the category strategy.
- Apply the CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws and regulations.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities, particularly to enable lean sourcing, effective and waste-free requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g.: HSSE, Operations, Cost) to ensure effective contractual delivery, value optimization and risk management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Manage Key Stake Holder Interfaces, e.g. Category Leads, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Global Category Team (where applicable) & Suppliers.
Key Experiences and Qualifications
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification (completion or in progress) would be beneficial
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers.
- All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.