We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Job Code: SMS001
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
Do you have what it takes to join us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaning and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- The social media specialist is responsible for developing content for the organization’s social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and website), monitoring the accounts, responding to questions/comments, and producing quarterly analytics reports.
- Social media content should align with the organization’s core values with directions from the leadership and the communications team
- This role is focused on driving additional engagement on social media, encouraging visitors to deepen the connection with the organization and advancing a consistent digital voice.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, a versatile creative writer, and a team player.
- S/he will be an active participant in data collection and analyses in order to consistently improve the company’s social media practices over time.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Create content and stories, in conjunction with the Organization’s Leadership and Communication team, for posting on social media channels, live tweeting, live chats, Facebook Live and updates on LinkedIn.
- Oversee creative design of graphics/posters and ensure consistency with posts on social media platforms
- Monitor the organization’s social media discussions and report on programmatic activities.
- Produce analytic summary reports evaluating the effectiveness of social media campaigns, individual messages among communities, constituent participation, and other key performance indicators.
- Remain engaged and aware of emerging social media and networking platforms which may improve the visibility of the organization.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
Qualifications & Experience
- BA/BS or higher qualification and/or suitable experience in Communications, Marketing, Media, Journalism, or Science Communication.
- Exceptional written and strong oral communication skills
- Experience using social media platforms to promote a brand or advocacy causes.
- Knowledge of social media best practices, including knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of social media content creation programs (i.e. Canva), Instagram reels and marketing tools (i.e. Buffer)
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- High level of initiative with the ability to work autonomously and remotely and the ability to interface with colleagues across state offices.
- Ability to be flexible to gather information for content creation.
- English proficiency
- Experience working in a cross-cultural context
- Content creation and copywriters’ skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with diverse audiences, including an ability to explain complex issues that relate to health, human rights, and potentially stigmatizing issues in a simple manner.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME (e.g. Social Media Specialist – Abuja, ADESUWA NWACHUKWU).
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received.