Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HEMM Technician
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Responsible for ensuring that plant heavy equipment are in safe operating condition by conducting routine maintenance and scheduling needed repairs.
- To carry out all types of repairs (emergency/running) and daily/periodic preventive maintenance of various make & types of heavy-duty equipment, utilities, plants/vehicles in accordance with manufacturer’s guidance/recommendation and safe operating procedures to ensure optimum utilization and availability.
- To ensure proper housekeeping during and after completion of jobs.
- To give adequate on-the-job training to junior technician/helpers to develop them professionally.
- To always ensure safety in using material handling equipment, tools etc
- Carry out performance appraisal and practical assessment of junior technicians/helpers/intending staff for promotion and employment respectively.
- To use all the PPE as recommended by the Safety Policy of the company and report to the authorities concerned regarding the accidents and near miss incident.
- To suggest to the management methods of improvements of maintenance practices.
- To ensure consistent availability of HEMM for operation without interruption
- To diagnose the problem on diesel engine, hydraulic & transmission system and to initiate remedial actions appropriately.
- To assist the supervisor/engineer for the spare parts planning
- Proper handling of tools provided them and to ensure right usage. Also responsible for getting the right tools for jobs at hand.
- Should have a valid DRIVING LICENCE.
- Compliance with ISO regulations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Sectional Head from time to time.
Education and Work Experience:
- First Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) to ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competence:
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of plant heavy equipment.
- Good teaming skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online