Schlumberger Limited is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geophysicist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Geophysicist is responsible for assisting in delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable products and services to our customers.
- The job consults with operations groups as needed to support the area of expertise and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of product and service delivery and formally communicates findings.
- The Geophysicist actively participates in promoting new technology, services offerings and supports the Business Line in risk management and applying lessons learned to improve job design and execution as related to the area of expertise.
- Providing real-time support to operations as required.
- Provide technical support throughout the Sales and Product and Service Delivery process.
- Assist as required with the development of technical job designs for Business Lines.
- Assist with identifying areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Consult with Design/Technical Engineer role as required to optimize the technical design.
- Assist in real-time incident response, recovery, and investigation as related to the area of expertise.
- Assist in evaluating technical viability and overall appraisal of tenders as related to the area of expertise.
- Record all collected data and samples and report on seismic data.
- Maintain customer visibility through active participation in professional society activities and calls for papers.
- Contribute, write, and review technical publications.
- Engage with local universities, Customer institutes and research organizations.
- We are looking for people that are willing to learn, great attention to details, problem-solving abilities, highly adaptable and collaborative skills with the below qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Geoscience, Geology or equivalent
- Recent graduate not more than 3 years post-graduation experience as Geophysicist or in other relevant fields
- Basic understanding of signal processing, pre-processing, velocity Model Building, Depth Imaging skillsets.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online