A reputable Boarding School in Lagos State, is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Generator Operator
Location: Ibeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors power plant equipment; detects evidence of operating problems, adjusts control to regulate the flow of generating stations.
- Control power generating equipment, boilers, generators or control boards.
- Take regulatory actions based on charts, meters and gauges at every interval.
- Starts and stops the generators.
- Communicates with Facilities Manager on line voltages, loads and frequencies.
- Reports generators malfunctions to the Facilities Manager promptly.
- Maintains and update the Generator Maintenance Log Book and ensure that records are up-to date
- Cleans, lubricates and maintains equipment, generators in order to prevent failure or deterioration as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Monitors the level of diesel fuel and engine lubricating oil.
- Replenish electrolytes in batteries, voltage transformers and reset relays.
Education and Work Experience
- Senior Secondary School Certificate / ND or Equivalent, Trade Test Certificate
- 0-2 years’ experience in a related role.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Physically fit and able to exert physical energy
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- An excellent Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to detect malfunctions from generator sounds
- Excellent Technical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.