Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Manager, Quality Assurance
Ref No: Obajana/DMQA/120423
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Job Type: Full time
Category: DCP – Operations
Job Objectives / Purpose
- Coordinate all Quality Assurance activities as directed by Head Quality Assurance.
- Drive the implementation of Quality Management System
- Coordinates with Regulatory Agencies
- Ensure the training and mentoring of staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety Health and Environment Standards.
- To ensure proper usage of laboratory chemicals in line with the manufacture’s instructions and company procedures for the control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
- Liaise with quarry operation to monitor mining plan, to test quarry samples and maintain chemistry chart for quarry areas to indicate potential raw materials issues.
- Carry out cross check sample testing for Cross Belt Analyzers.
- Responsible for the calibration of Laboratory Equipment.
- Ensure running calibration checks are carried out on analysis equipment such as XRF vs CBA
- Maintain statutory quality records.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is calibrated and calibration record kept
- Verify the accuracy of samplers, and sample taking and sample preparation and testing by the Quality technicians.
- Ensure detailed Chemical analysis for (LOI, free lime, insoluble residue, chloride content, free silica, total carbonates, ferric oxide content, and sulfates) are periodically carried out.
- Responsible for benchmark samples (competitors).
- Ensure the monthly Analysis, Testing and Reporting coordination of Market samples
- Ensure chemical and physical report are carried out as per plan.
- Define Sample Matrix (Quality Control Plan) for raw materials, semi-finished, fuels) to guarantee level of product quality in line with defined quality targets.
- Ensure that all activities are handled in line with safety regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Head, Quality Control & Assurance
Educational Qualifications & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering.
- Postgraduate / relevant professional qualification.
Experience, Skills, and Competencies:
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience, two of which must be in a management position.
- In-depth knowledge of quality audit/testing process for cement.
- In-depth knowledge of the cement industry (Local and International)
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven training and facilitation skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skill
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Computer Literacy, Analytical and Troubleshooting skill
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online