In 1977, the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo was established with a unique mandate to train teachers at the NCE level. While its primary focus is on normal classroom education, it also prepares teachers to handle the diverse needs of special students. Notably, it stands as the sole institution of its kind not only in Nigeria but in the entire Sub-Sahara Africa, making it a beacon of inclusivity in tertiary education. With the largest concentration of both staff and students with special needs, the college welcomes candidates from across the nation, embodying a commitment to diversity in its admission policy.
- NCE (Nigeria Certificate in Education)
- PRE-NCE (Pre-Nigeria Certificate in Education)
- Candidates with a UTME score of 100 and above who selected the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo as their institution of choice.
- Candidates with a UTME score of 100 and above who did not initially choose the college but are willing to make it their first choice after a change of institution.
- Candidates with a UTME score below 100.
- Candidates with deficiencies in SSCE/GCE O’ Level (WAEC/NECO) or equivalent.
Requirements for the Screening Exercise:
- Complete the online admission screening form from August 10, 2023.
- Provide two copies of UTME e-notification of results slip.
- Submit original and photocopy of the completed online admission screening application form.
- Present SSCE/GCE O’ Level (WAEC/NECO) results or equivalent.
- If applicable, provide the Change of Institution print-out slip.
Method of Application:
- Visit www.nce.fcesoyo.edu.ng to pay a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) at any commercial bank or online through the Remita platform.
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Upload scanned copies of O’level results and a passport photograph (JPEG or JPG format, not exceeding 100kb, with no eyeglasses or veil).
- Print out the online application form as proof of successful registration.
Submission of Forms Online:
Candidates must submit their application forms on the College website by Wednesday, September 13, 2023, at 4:00 pm.
The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo, beckons aspiring educators to embrace a unique journey of learning and inclusivity. By providing opportunities for both normal and special needs education, the college stands as a testament to the commitment to diverse and holistic teacher training. As the deadline for application approaches, prospective candidates are encouraged to seize the chance to be part of an institution that not only educates but also fosters an inclusive and supportive community.