Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Ltd. (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Document Controller – Utilites and Offsite
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently and also for overseeing the process of the project documents.
- Report to project Manager.
- Copy, scan and store the documents.
- Check for accuracy and edit files, like contracts.
- Review and update technical documents (e.g., manuals and workflows).
- Distribute project related copies to internal teams.
- File documents in physical and digital records.
- Create template for future use.
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients.
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organisation.
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects as needed.
- Access the specific files when requested by different departments as well as control the flow of documents in and out of the department, responsible for the security and accuracy of documents from completion to secure disposal.
- Has excellent organisation skills, which is necessity in this position due to the amount of information that comes in on a daily basis.
- Should be familiar with various document management systems such as SharePoint, Docuware cloud and Rubex.
- Responsibilities include with working with colleagues to ensure the consistency of documents, training employees on document usage, and organizing documents across the organisation.
- Controlling company and project documentation.
- Following and improving document control procedures.
- Ensuring all documentation meets formal requirements and required standards.
- Sorting, storing, and retrieving electronics and hard copy documents on behalf of company.
- Producing documents progress reports for project manager.
- Conducting regular reviews and document audits.
- Ensure documents are shared at key times to facilitate timely project completion.
- B.Sc Degree in Project Management or graduate or equivalent.
- 10-15 Years related experience in Process plant and proven work experience as a document controller or similar role.
- Experience in large scale green field petrochemical & Refinery plants.
- 10+ Years related experience petrochemical plant in familiarity in project management.
- Ability to FEED/ EPC engineering contractor’s documents to upload in the system.
- Project documents review with contractor and guide to EPC/ EPCM contractor in related to applicable documents.
- Hands on experience with MS Office and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of electronic Document Management systems (EDMS)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, proficient in MS Office.
- Confidence to deal with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Data organization skills.
- Be through and pay attention to detail.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Able to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- Administrative skills.
- Customer service skills.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Document Controller – Utilites and Offsite” as the subject of the mail.