Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Engineer (Nokia Router, Fibre, OSN, DSS, DWDM)
Purpose of the Job
- Control, Manage and Support day to day transmission operations and management of the fiber network, Tellabs and OSN Dxx/DWDM network operations to ensure an optimum network availability, excellent customer experience, delivering Operational excellence with most cost optimized model in the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full IP understanding and management
- Operational Planning for Proper redundancy for links and traffic
- Validating Traffic planning & provisioning
- Create and Review plan for service Provisioning then coordination with each MS Partner/POI partners.
- Day-to-day links Utilization monitoring and trigger for Upgrade/Rectify/Govern the partners to resolve issues
- Uptime Monitoring & Troubleshooting with partners
- Resolution drive for Fiber cuts & Service rerouting in the event of failures
- Technical competence in Nokia and Huawei router configuration
- Endure fiber cuts are attended to and restore within the set MTTR
- Ensure preventive maintenance & Escalation procedures of fiber networks and the active nodes are implemented
- Periodic audit of all ASON/DWDM and SDH channels and cross connections domains
- Spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non-critical active spares
- Ensure Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH Service Provider Service Level Agreement management are meet
- All Incidence management recommendation and follow up of both national and metro fiber incident including Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of IP network and Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- 5 -7 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4-6 years’ managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- With at least 4 – 5 years’ hands on experience in various fiber network implementation and Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH.
- Tactical disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online