NECO Biology specimen 2023 for schools is out. The National Examination Council practical specimens for SSCE June/July candidates. Here is verified Free Biology apparatus and how to use them in preparing for your NECO exam. NECO Biology practical specimens will aid yo to have good NECO questions for free in this post. The National Examination Council is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and November/December respectively.
You will also understand how NECO Biology questions are set and how to answer them. The West African Examinations Council is an examination board saddled with with the responsibility to set, assess, monitor, mark, and conduct secondary schools exams for all West African countries.
Practical is involve in some NECO subjects such as physics, biology, agricultural science, animal husbandry, computer and Biology. For student to have a pass mark in these subjects, the must show satisfactory ability in them.
in this article, we will be showing you the NECO Biology specimen. This will help you to know what is expected from you in the Biology practical examination.
Please Note that the NECO 2023 Biology specimens and any other subject is provided by us for free. We understand that a lot of website charge of collect money from student to provide NECO practical specimen Answers to them. NECO specimen are provided for free. We will do same during Other Exam like NECO.
See also: NECO Timetable 2023
Required NECO Biology Specimens 2023
2023 NECO BIOLOGY SPECIMENS
Each candidate should be provided with the following groups of specimens
Specimen A – Land Snail
Specimen B – Toad
Specimen C – Spider
Specimen D – Crayfish
Specimen E- Spirogyra Filaments
Specimen F – mucor/Rhizopus
Specimen G – Groundnut Seeding (A week old)
Specimen H – Maize Seedling (A week old)
Specimen I – Microscope
Specimen J – Slide (plain)
Specimen K – Pigeon
Specimen L – Agama Lizard
Specimen M – Rat
Specimen N – Tilapia
(i) All specimens can be provided as group specimens for five (5) to ten (10) candidates.
(ii) All specimens must carry individual labels (e.g. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, and N).
(3b) It is essential that each candidate should be provided with the following materials:
(i) hand lens/magnifying lens;
(ii) scalpel/razor blade /knife;
(iii) pair of forceps;
(iv) hand gloves;
(vi) Petri dish;
(vii) Fehling’s solutions A and B;
(viii) iodine solution.
(4) Report Forms are provided separately on which you are required to:
(a) supply the necessary information about the specimens;
(b) report on any difficulty in the conduct of examination;
(c) report any particular difficulty experienced by any candidate during the conduct of the examination, especially of the examiner would be unable to discover these from the scripts;
(d) carry out and record experimental observations as directed in the Report Form.
(5) You must enclose a completed Report Form in each envelope of scripts.
ARRANGEMENT AND SERIAL NUMBERS OF CANDIDATES
- The laboratory places should be numbered serially and the candidates should be allotted these places strictly in the order of their index numbers. The number of every specimen supplied to each candidate should be the same as his or her serial number.
8. If a candidate is absent, his or her serial number should not be allotted to another candidate.
9. If the candidates are divided into a number of sets, the serial numbers should be continued through the sets, so that no serial number is repeated.
Be at alert! Keep refreshing this page for NECO Biology practical Answers
Tips for identifying and handling the Biology practical specimens
Biology Practical specimens is a very important aspect of the NECO Biology exams, it helps to assess students ability to handle chemicals and apparatus in the Biology laboratory. It is essential to be able to identify and handle practical specimens effectively to score well in these exams. Here are some tips for identifying and handling practical specimens in the NECO exams:
- Read the instructions carefully which will guide you on how to handle the specimens, such as the tools and equipment you will need and the steps to follow.
- Make sur you are able to identify the specimen before proceeding with the practical
- Use only the recommended specimens as wrong tools can lead to inaccurate results.
- Follow the correct procedure by NECO to help you get inaccurate results, which can result in low marks.
- Observe safety precautions by putting on protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, as well as handle the specimens carefully.
We want to hear from you concerning the NECO Biology specimen 2023, kindly use the comment section below to get to us.