Greetings, future University of Lagos (UNILAG) students! We are thrilled to share with you the essential details for the upcoming Screening/Registration exercise for newly admitted UTME and DIRECT ENTRY candidates (2nd Batch) for the 2023/2024 academic session. It’s time to embark on your academic journey, and we’re here to guide you through each step of the process.
The screening and registration process will take place from Monday, November 6, to Friday, December 1, 2023, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Be sure to follow the Registration Schedule provided here for specific details.
Stage 1: Uploading of Documents
A. Log in to the UNILAG Student Portal using your UTME Number as the Username and your Surname in lowercase as the Password. Navigate to ADMISSIONS, Admissions, and 2023/2024 SCREENING.
B. Complete the bio-data form and print the Screening Form.
C. Upload the following original documents while filling out the bio-data form:
- Birth Certificate
- Letter of Reference from a reputable Clergyman/Imam/Lawyer/Senior Civil Servant (addressed to The Registrar, University of Lagos)
- Testimonial from the Secondary School attended
- State of Origin Certificate
- JAMB Admission Letter
- O’Level Result
- Previous Degree Certificate (for DIRECT Entry candidates only)
Stage 2: Screening
A. Follow the registration venue schedule provided here.
B. Submit two copies of the following documents to the registration officer:
- Screening Form generated from Stage 1 (Coloured and photocopy)
- UNILAG Online Application Form (for Direct Entry candidates: Coloured and photocopy)
- JAMB Acknowledgement Slip (for Direct Entry candidates: Coloured and photocopy)
- JAMB Admission Letter (Institution Copy: Coloured and photocopy)
- UTME Result Slip (Coloured and photocopy: Not Applicable to Direct Entry candidates)
- Post-UTME Result Slip (Coloured and photocopy: Not Applicable to 2022 JAMB candidates)
- JUPEB/A-LEVEL/OND/HND/BSc. Result Slip (for Direct Entry candidates only)
- O’Level Result Certificate (WAEC/NECO) – Online version accepted from 2023 WAEC/NECO Results holders
- Letter of Reference (original copy) from a reputable Clergyman/Imam/Lawyer/Senior Civil Servant (on Letterhead)
- Birth Certificate (Photocopies)
- Testimonial from Secondary School attended (Photocopies)
- State of Origin Certificate (Photocopies) – Must be the same state registered with JAMB
- Passport Photographs (12 Copies with full names written on the reverse side)
Please note: Original copies of all credentials must be presented for sighting.
Stage 3: Payment of Fees
A. Generate Payment Advice 24 hours after Stage 2 process.
B. Proceed to any bank to make payment.
Stage 4: Faculty/Departmental Registration
Proceed to your Faculty and Department for further registration processes.
- Impersonation is a serious offense, leading to automatic forfeiture of admission and possible police involvement.
- The University maintains a zero-tolerance policy for drug use. Compulsory drug tests will be conducted for all newly admitted students, with positive results leading to withdrawal.