FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Audit Manager
Location: Owerri , Imo
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. To that effect, The Corporate Audit Manager (CAM) will design, build and implement audit plans based on risks and will supervise the Monitoring, Review and Capacity Building processes of the Corporate Audit Department in accordance with the FINCA International Corporate Audit Directives and International Standards on Auditing. The Corporate Audit Manager reports to the FINCA Impact Finance Regional Audit Director (RAD) who reports to the Global Chief Auditor in Washington, DC Headquarters.
The Corporate Audit Manager performs professional internal auditing work which involves managing or conducting performance, operational, financial, IT and compliance audit assignments in the affiliate, and the Region; in coordination with the RAD and other CAMs of the regions, he/she ensures that the subsidiary’s audit plan is executed; he/she provides consulting services to the subsidiary’s management and staff. He or she provides input to development of the annual internal audit plan, all with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives. He / She provides supervision to internal auditing staff. He / She maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Audit Engagement Planning, Execution and Supervision:
- Oversee the execution of the internal Audit plan for his/her subsidiary: ensure that planned audits are completed when expected. Anticipate planning issues and is proactive in resolving planning conflicts, delays or ad hoc requests in coordination with the RAD.
- Lead internal Audit assignments at subsidiary or Regional level which includes Participate to audit engagement under the supervision of another manager: collaborate and contribute to the effective realization of the audit assignment
- planning the assignment, developing the audit procedures/program, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, developing the internal audit planning memo and obtaining management approval
- Conducting the introduction meeting
- Assigning tasks to those internal auditors participating to the engagement and monitoring completion of the task
- Supervise the audit staff during the engagement when necessary in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers.
- Supervise the audit engagement team members in the identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations for improvement
- Reviewing and analyzing evidence, reviewing working papers to ensure completeness, accuracy and validity of audit findings and recommendations
- Resolve issues as they occur.
- Conduct the exit meeting with management
- Prepare the draft audit report and obtain all necessary approval and clearance before issuing the final report and issue the final report promptly.
- Ensure the engagement audit file is complete and in compliance with the Internal Audit operating policies.
- Is responsible for the overall and on-going communication with the Audit Committee and the management of his/her subsidiary, regardless of who is conducting the audit assignments for the subsidiary
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects, analysis, trends and any relevant information via written reports and/or oral presentations on a timely basis, according to planned reporting schedule or as required/necessary to the subsidiary management and audit committee
- Develop ad hoc and creative communication with the subsidiary management in order to support management in the realization of their objective and to help the internal audit department as a whole in maintaining permanent knowledge of local issues, topics and relevant information.
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings. Help maintain an image of the internal audit activity which is one of positively contributing to the FINCA mission and goals.
- Participate to on-going networking with the other internal auditors in the regions and across the network
- Assists the Regional Audit Director in managing internal audit staff and in the planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking effective actions to address performance matters.
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of the organization’s audit risk areas and provides input to the development of a risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Participate to projects for the internal audit group regionally or globally as assigned by the Regional Audit Director or the Global Chief Auditor. He / She may be assigned functional leading responsibility for the entire internal audit group Regional or globally
- Represents internal auditing on organizational project teams, at management and board meetings, and with external organizations.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Direct Supervision of the audit program of the subsidiary.
- 4 years of professional experience and 3 years of full-time experience in internal auditing, operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including 2 years supervisory or project management experience.
- Experience in Microfinance operations, or Banking or auditing in a supervising capacity.
- Knowledge of control and risk self-assessment facilitation techniques.
- Knowledge of the environment regulations, and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices, including but not limited to applicable reporting, disclosure, financial reporting and accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Good skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Good skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, and ideally other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Effective verbal and written communications in English and local language, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers, co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- CIA and/or CFE certification highly desired. (If not CIA or CFE, the candidate must be willing to become certified.)
- A second certification/degree in a specialty field (e.g., IT, IT auditing, Fraud or fraud auditing, HR, Legal, Accounting, Microfinance or Banking). This may substitute for one year of required experience
- Good knowledge of the Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Fluency in English is required, other local and international language will be an added advantage.
- Extensive skill in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines;
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement;
- Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines;
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and solving problems;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers, co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment;
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices, including but not limited to applicable reporting, disclosure, financial reporting and accounting principles and practices;
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, or eventually audit packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses; – Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement;
Candidate other requirements
- Business (credit) evaluations
- Internal Control evaluations
- Financial evaluations
- Fraud risk assessments.
- Regional Audit Director
- Global Chief Auditor
- Global Forensic Audit Manager
- Subsidiary’s Management Boards
- Subsidiary’s Audit Committees
- External Auditors
- Central Bank/ Superintendence of Banks.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel within the country and some international travel, the position requires 50% of travel.
- Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online