Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Private Wealth Advisor
Industry: Financial Services
- The Private Wealth Advisor works on/with a team of wealth management advisors.
- Team members in the role are responsible for the management of a portfolio of high net-worth clients and the development of new Private Wealth Management relationships.
- Recognizing the importance of every client interaction, team members work to consistently deliver a client experience that demonstrates they are proactively thinking to understand their clients’ needs and offer solutions to meet or exceed their clients’ priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for the efficient management and development of a portfolio of high net-worth relationships.
- Develops and manages complex, full service, integrated relationships for Private Wealth Management, including overseeing loan portfolios and financing initiatives.
- Develops sustainable, long-term solutions to fulfill the unique needs of existing and prospective clients; leverages financial planning services on behalf of client when appropriate; assists in providing advice and counsel, as relevant, in areas of banking and lending services, personal trust and estate services, investment management, insurance services, and retirement planning.
- Delivers a holistic Wealth Management experience by specifically identifying and addressing the client’s priorities and appropriately engaging the subject matter experts in private Wealth Management.
- Typically focuses majority of time on core investment, wealth management, banking and lending activities (administrative, regulatory, transactional) while delivering a client experience that demonstrates understanding of the client’s needs and proactive thinking about wealth management issues, opportunities and solutions.
- Helps educate clients with the knowledge required to make sound decisions around their goals and objectives.
- Follows a structured process for delivering a distinguished client experience by conducting regular Relationship Assessment Reviews (current state of client’s priorities, client loyalty, and proactive strategies and solutions development).
- Actively and positively participates in Private Wealth Management team interactions, partnering with the team’s subject matter experts on behalf of the client.
- Analyzes financial and credit needs of the customer and provides recommendations of appropriate company solutions.
- Stays actively involved in the community, networking to identify and capitalize on new business development opportunities.
- Aspires to highest regulatory ratings; meets all compliance requirements.
- May orient, train and review the work of less experienced relationship managers.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Review, analyse and restructure client portfolios on an ongoing basis to facilitate compliance with the model portfolio in the context of the assessed clients’ needs and risk tolerances.
- Analyse investment portfolios to determine prudent asset re-allocation opportunities in order to generate additional yield with manageable risk exposure based on client profile.
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect earnings and the investment portfolio.
- Contribute to the revenue generation and profitability of the company.
- Ad-hoc assignments as distributed periodically.
Required Competencies and Qualification:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years banking, relationship management, investment management and business development experience.
- For non-banking professionals, minimum 5 years’ experience in Asset Management sales, Wealth Management, Marketing, or Business consultancy
- Appropriate professional qualification issued by an approved body. (or actively studying towards such qualification)
- Comprehensive knowledge of domestic and international banking products / services and procedures, treasury structures, equity markets, mutual funds, fiduciary services and other personal investment services
- Strategic thinking
- Motivating and monitoring for performance
- Ability to formulate and manage a successful prospecting leads program in order to meet and exceed quarterly and annual targets
- Exceptional ability to confidently discuss financial matters with a diverse base of potential / existing clients.
- Proven ability to acquire new business.
- An innovative and productive approach to business development.
- Articulate and well organized with a highly developed sense of priorities.
- Persuasive and credible among clients and colleagues.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated with drive, energy and initiative.
- Integrity, honesty and total commitment to the requirement to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrable interest in local and international finance, economics and politics
- A team player, who is willing and able to assist the team in meeting and exceeding its objectives.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online