Aspiring maritime professionals, take note! The Maritime Academy of Nigeria has officially opened its doors for the 2023/2024 academic session. If you dream of pursuing a career in Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or Maritime Transport and Business Studies, read on for essential details on eligibility, registration requirements, and the application process.
To be eligible for the post-UTME screening exercise, candidates must have selected the Maritime Academy of Nigeria as their First Choice Institution in the 2023 UTME and scored above the required cut-off marks. Here are the cut-off marks for each program:
- Nautical Science: 175
- Marine Engineering: 175
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering: 175
- Maritime Transport and Business Studies: 160
Modes of Correspondence:
Candidates must have a functional email address and mobile phone number for correspondence. Physical presence is not required unless specifically invited through the website publication or email/text messages.
O-Level and UTME Subjects Combination:
Each program has specific O-level and UTME subject requirements. Ensure you meet the following criteria:
A: ND Nautical Science
- O/Level Subjects: Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Geography, and any other related science subjects.
- UTME Subject Combination: English Language, Mathematics, Geography, Physics.
B: Marine Engineering and Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- O/Level Subjects: Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and any other related science subjects.
- UTME Subject Combination: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics.
C: Maritime Transport and Business Studies
- O/Level Subjects: Mathematics, English Language, Economics, and any two of Geography, Commerce, Government, Financial Accounting, or Business Management.
- UTME Subject Combination: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and Geography/Commerce/Government/Principle of Account/Business Management.
Physical and Medical Fitness:
Due to industry requirements and international standards, candidates must be physically and mentally fit. Shortlisted candidates may undergo physical and medical fitness tests, and a Medical Examination Form (Form M) must be completed and signed.
Marital Status and Age Limit:
Applicants must be single throughout the program, and age limits vary depending on the chosen program.
Follow these steps for a smooth registration process:
- Visit www.maritimeacademy.gov.ng
- Log in with UTME number as Username and Jamb Score as Password.
- Generate RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference).
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Make payment at the chosen bank or through the online platform.
- Return to the Academy Portal to complete your registration.
Commencement/Closing Dates and Application Fees:
The application portal opens on 14th August 2023 and closes on 13th October 2023. The application fee is N2,000.00, payable through the Remita payment platform.
Candidates must complete their registration to avoid disqualification. Only those meeting the minimum requirements will proceed to the screening or the next stage of the admission process.
Embark on your maritime journey by securing a spot at the Maritime Academy of Nigeria. Good luck!