Kwara State University, Malete, invites qualified candidates to apply for admission into its Postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. The university offers a range of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master’s, M.Phil./Ph.D., and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes on both Full-time and Part-time bases.
1. Admission Requirements:
a. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes: i. Graduates of Kwara State University or other recognized universities. ii. Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Credit pass or its equivalent in relevant areas. iii. Candidates with acceptable qualifications other than the above, subject to the approval of the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate. iv. Additional requirements include satisfying the University’s matriculation criteria.
- Duration: Minimum of 2 semesters, maximum of 4 semesters.
b. Master’s Degree (Academic):
i. Graduates of Kwara State University or other recognized universities with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in their Bachelor’s degree. ii. Candidates with Second Class Lower Division may be considered, with a qualifying examination. iii. Additional requirements: Fulfilling the University’s matriculation criteria.
- Duration: Minimum of 3 semesters, maximum of 6 semesters.
- Candidates should hold a Master’s degree with a minimum cumulative (weighted) average score of 55%.
- Must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements.
- Terminal status if scoring less than 60% after M.Phil examination.
d. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes:
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree with a minimum cumulative (weighted) average score of 60%.
- Must meet the University’s matriculation criteria.
- Master’s degree: Minimum 3 semesters, maximum 6 semesters.
- M.Phil.: Minimum 2 semesters, maximum 4 semesters.
- Ph.D.: Minimum 6 semesters, maximum 10 semesters.
- Master’s degree: Minimum 6 semesters, maximum 8 semesters.
- Ph.D.: Minimum 8 semesters.
- All programs will consist of a combination of coursework and research.
4. Procedure for Payment of Fees: a) Visit https://portal.kwasu.edu.ng. b) Click on Apply now. c) Follow the Postgraduate link on the Apply Now menu. d) Complete the form, make payment, and generate an application number. e) Login with the application number and surname as the password to complete the application. f) Print out the completed application and payment receipt.
- Payment is strictly with Interswitch MasterCard or Verve Card.
5. Guidelines for Application: a) Visit www.kwasu.edu.ng for entry requirements. b) Follow the online application instructions. c) Sale of application forms: August 25, 2023, to October 24, 2023.
Interested candidates are encouraged to explore the diverse postgraduate opportunities offered by Kwara State University and adhere to the stipulated application guidelines. The university aims to provide a conducive academic environment for advanced studies and research in various disciplines.