Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Contract Engineer
Ref No: AENL-PSS-23-02
Job type: Contract
Job Nature: Standard
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Execute the complete contracting process including contract strategy and tactics for a variety of support type contracts but primarily contract management activities associated with the main EPC contracts.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in development and execution of contract strategies driving towards value maximization.
- Collaborate with internal and external (contractor) stakeholders in protecting the interests of company and ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- In accordance with Company policies and procedures prepare, review and issue RfQ/ITT and subsequently analyse bids and lead clarifications and negotiations in collaboration with Tender Evaluation Team (TET) and assist Contract Owners/Holders to prepare, present and defend award/variation submissions to Company Tender Committees to obtain approvals.
- Lead development of works and services demand forecast and planning and prepare contract plans.
- Guide Contract Owners / Holders to articulate contract scope, specification, select contracting strategies, and prepare counter estimates taking account of risk assessment, cost drivers, market analysis, and value optimization (including Nigerian Content) and applying lessons learnt from previous projects/contracts.
- Drive strong commercial influence in thinking and behavior of internal stakeholders and train stakeholders in contract development and management.
- Assess contracting risk and develop mitigation responses.
- Develop and issue contract documents incorporating general and specific terms and conditions as applicable, liaising with legal and functional disciplines to resolve contractual qualifications.
- Drive contract meetings and produce accurate minutes of proceedings and follow up necessary actions to ensure the contract process is satisfied in line with Company policies and procedures and assist in the administration of Tender Committees.
- Review, evaluate and produce recommendations for variations and claims, as well as contractual correspondence, including the structuring of cost forecast, non-conformances, other disputes/conflicts, and facilitate contract close out.
- Set up and maintain contract data in contract management systems tools, analyse data and prepare reports to support contract management as required.
- Actively provide advice to Contract Holder on contractual issues to ensure Company and Contractor act in accordance with the Contract.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online