Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet. We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices.
We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world’s most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Frontend Engineer (Web)
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job type: Full time
- We’re on the lookout for a passionate Frontend Engineer who is a creative problem solver and excited about to disrupting banking in Nigeria.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying web-based user interactions.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
You’ll be considered for this role if you:
- You can work with CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less
- Have experience with user interface design
- Have experience working as a React.js Developer
- Possess the knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux
- Are familiar with task runners like Grunt, Webpack
- Can work on large-scale/complex front-end projects
- Can empathize with the many different types of users who use Kuda
- Can think through product requirements to come up with ways of quickly solving problems
- Care deeply about performance, accessibility, and application design
- Can communicate what you’re working on to non-technical stakeholders
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online