Frutta Juice and Services Nigeria Limited – Since its incorporation in 2003, Frutta Juice & Services Ltd is committed to the manufacture of wide range of fruit juices and drinks. Our operational processes conform to international and Nigeria standards delights our consumers’ expectations. We use the finest raw material from around the globe to blend our juices and drinks using the most advanced safe technologies under hygienic conditions.
Passionate for the taste of delicious fruits? Blended using the finest fruit concentrates and filled in gable top packaging using hot fill process, Frutta Juice offers you the benefits of natural nutrients and the great taste of fruits. It is available in five variants, in two different sizes 1L and 250 mL.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit and Control Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Level: Mid-Senior (Primera Africa Group)
Business Units: FMCG and Retail
- The Internal Audit and Control Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Internal Audit, Control and Compliance Framework of two strategic business units of Primera Africa Group including Frutta Juice and Services Ltd and Hartleys Supermarket & Stores.
- The job holder will develop policies and procedures and monitor compliance in line with external regulations.
- Prepare Internal audit plan and provide oversight and direction in the execution, and reporting of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets
- Coordinate with External Auditors, ensuring efficient implementation of the overall statutory financial audit plans.
- Oversee and review the drafting of internal audit reports and other audit deliverables, and direct the work conducted by external auditors.
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required.
- Review analyses of non-conformities, discuss audit findings across the organization and suggest recommendations.
- Report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changing regulatory guidelines to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures and monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings with key stakeholders.
- Developing and executing internal audit activities, consult with management on strategic plans and other business matters, and anticipate emerging risks.
- Documenting and testing business process and IT controls that support key operations.
- Evaluating control deficiencies, and monitoring remediation actions, timelines, and progress.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Facilitate continuous identification and periodic assessment of business risks in the operating environment and update the risk registers.
- Monitor and report on key risk indicators (KRIs) and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Audit and Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Prepares monthly exception reports and presents to the Managing Directors.
- Apply a rigorous and efficient risk-based audit approach which delivers robust assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control measures.
- Build and manage great relationships with business partners, providing insights and challenges that enable them to proactively manage performance.
- Deliver insights that are highly valued, identify root causes, share best practices and lead to business improvement.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled (spot checks) audit visits to Frutta Factory, Warehouse, Key Distributors, Hartleys Supermarkets floor, warehouse and its environments.
- Maintain the whistleblowing channels of the Company and provide periodic reports to the Board.
- Conduct investigations on reported cases of fraud and misconduct and prepare investigation reports.
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management and Board of the Group.
Key Performance Indicators
- Adequacy of the internal audit plan.
- Level of execution/achievement against the IARC plan.
- Accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of reports.
- Number and significance of issues/ inconsistencies and process improvement opportunities identified in business processes.
- Frequency of incidences of control failure.
- Adequacy and timeliness of follow-up on regulatory and statutory filings.
- Magnitude of calculated losses due to fraud and other control failures.
- Number or frequency of queries.
- Number of unresolved cases to identified issues.
- Number of control improvements implemented annually in line with best practice recommendation.
- Decline in code of conduct violations reported via the whistleblowing channels.
- Number of whistleblowing cases closed out.
- Turnaround time for cases under investigation.
- Other KPIs as may be defined in line with changing business environment.
- First Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA, CIA or other relevant higher business degree as an added advantage.
Experiences (What experience brings success to this role):
- Minimum of eight (8) years internal audit and control experience across FMCG and Retail Sectors, with at least three (3) years at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
Knowledge (What does the person need to know):
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational dynamics.
- ISO/quality knowledge and Working knowledge of: Microsoft office suite, ICT and tech-based audit techniques; Data collection and analysis tools and techniques; Accounting frameworks, tools and techniques; Governance risk and control tools and techniques; Risk analysis and control assessment techniques.
- Policy and regulatory knowledge interpretation and application.
- General operations
Technical / Behavioural Skills:
- Multi-disciplinary disposition
- Business acumen and Project management.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Good knowledge and hands on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Forensic skills and fraud awareness.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Attention to details
- Performance under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking disposition
- Independent minded
- Persuasion and Collaboration.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online