Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Locations: Akwa Ibom and Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design and building of large construction projects, including roads, bridges, sewerage systems, pipelines and buildings and prepare project plans, inspect designs, and manage budgets and resources.
- Manage a team of Engineers who are responsible for overseeing project construction activities.
- Coordinate with the project engineering team during the FEED, EPC stages regarding the project construction aspects.
- Will report to project manager.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Project Engineers.
- Responsible for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to design calculations, specifications, procedures, analysers, progress reports, bid evaluation, study report and various 3rd party submissions or contractors’ submissions.
- Performs inter -discipline& discipline QA/QC and engineering compliance checks on all work performed by themselves or Junior engineers within group.
- Understands company requirements; identifies and addresses design parameters and problem; develop and implements solutions. Independently evaluate, organize and priorities work which normally subject to internal checking and approval, interface with other project specialist and Lead engineers.
- Manage direct reports including managing work allocation, training, mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Identify resource needs and deploy (internal & external) to ensure appropriate support.
- Maintain an overview over the entire technical delivery ensuring that all scope is appropriately covered and that all parties clearly understand their requirements and their interfaces with others.
- Ensure a formal and disciplined technical communication protocols by establishing and maintaining an RFI, Technical Concession and Change process with a live tracking register.
- Ensure that all construction activities are planned and executed in time to avoid project delay.
- Interacting with various vendors and scheduling their site visits for the construction of various equipment and system.
- Ensure the safety responsibilities for this position are carried out and ensure zero accidents during the project.
- Advise the Project Manager ahead of issues becoming critical and provide recommendations to improve these issues.
- Provide appropriate guidance as necessary with regard to local legislation, codes and standard and technical requirements.
- He shall have the personality and drive to manage, direct, and guide the team to achieve the Project objectives. In addition, he must be assertive and firm in dealing with various discipline Engineer, vendors, contractors, and other service provides while exercising absolute control on the work.
- Evaluate the contractors survey reports.
- Review the documents of the design calculations of structural, civil foundations etc
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil.
- 10-15 years related experience in design and construction of process plant in Utilities and off sites as Civil Engineer
- Experience in large scale green field in petrochemical plants and Refinery plants
- Experience of coordinating with project engineering team during FEED and EPC stages.
- Experience of coordinating with contractors and sub-contractors during construction stage.
- Ability to work independently, setting policy, and establishing work methods.
- Proven ability to manage results through others.
- Familiar with design codes and standards and 3D models
- Previous experience leading an engineering team and managing staff remotely.
- Strong coaching skills, leadership abilities, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confidence to deal with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Understands company requirements; identifies and addresses design parameters and problem; develop and implements solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organize and priorities work which normally subject to internal checking and approval, interface with other project specialist and Lead engineers.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Civil Engineer” as the subject of the mail.