Are you aspiring to further your education at Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic for the 2023/2024 Academic Session? Here’s everything you need to know about the application process and admission guidelines.
Important Guidelines for Applicants
Before applying for screening, prospective candidates are urged to carefully review the guidelines outlined below:
- Name Discrepancies: Ensure that the name on your certificates matches; any disparity may result in disqualification.
- HND Candidate Name Consistency: Higher National Diploma (HND) applicants must maintain consistency in the names on their O’level and National Diploma (ND) Statement of Results during the screening application.
- JAMB Results: Do not upload any result other than those submitted to JAMB during your application.
- HND Document Upload: HND candidates should upload their original National Diploma (ND) Statement of Result.
- Awaiting ND Results: If you obtained your National Diploma from Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, but your results are pending, upload your Registration Number for further action.
- Contact Information: Include valid phone numbers during the screening application for effective communication.
- O’level Details: Ensure accurate details of your O’level scratch card/token during the application.
- Completion of Application Forms: After payment, it is crucial to complete the online application forms.
- Part-Time National Diploma: Part-Time ND candidates should apply to JAMB with a fee of N3,500 for admission formalization. Subsequently, forward the Registration Number issued by the State JAMB office to the Polytechnic for further processing. Part-Time ND candidates are exempt from the JAMB UTME Examination.
- Postgraduate, HND, and Remedial Programs: Candidates with relevant qualifications for admission into Post-Graduate Diploma, Higher National Diploma, Post National Diploma, and Remedial programs are invited to apply online for screening.
Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic offers a range of courses for the 2023/2024 academic session. Below are the available courses categorized by discipline:
Business-Based Courses (Regular National Diploma):
- Business Administration and Management
- Public Administration
- Office Technology and Management
- Library & Information Science
Science-Based Courses (Regular National Diploma):
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Ceramics & Glass Technology
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Land Surveying and Geo-informatics
- Estate Management
- Agricultural Technology
- Horticulture & Landscape Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Architectural Technology
By adhering to these guidelines, prospective students can navigate the application process smoothly and increase their chances of securing admission into Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic. Best of luck on your academic journey