Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase Officer
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension
Goal / Purpose
- He / she carries out the purchases for the programs and structure for his / her assigned base.
- He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarites International purchase procedures.
- He/she is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure tht the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarites International and its donors
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality
Monitor and update IOFs electronically:
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform program managers of the status of their orders
- Ensure the archiving of logistics documents linked to purchases
ORG Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line manager: Logistics Assistant supply
- Line Report(s): Logistic Assistant
- Functional Manager: -LogAdmin manager
- Functional Report(s): LogAdmin manager
- Studies: Diploma in Logistics, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position with other INGO
- Qualification:Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational & negotiation skill, A good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, Flexible to meet deadlines.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly advised to apply.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken in English and Hausa
- Location: Resident of Gusau – Zamfara State (position not open to delocalization)
- IT: Good knowledge of MS Office Word, Power Point, and Advance MS Office Excel knowledge
What We Offer
Salary + Transport& housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hard copies of their applications (CV and motivation letter only) at the address below:
Gada Biyu, Zanna Road,
Opposite A.A Gusau House,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
Click here to apply
- Select Purchase Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with the applicants’ first name and surname
Application Deadline 21st September, 2021.