We are leading upstream Oil & Gas Company with active operator-ship of prolific blocks. As a current expansion and development program, we are seeking to engage experienced, intelligent and resourceful candidates in the capacity below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply production, operational, mechanical engineering and management principles to resolve mechanical problems and optimize hydrocarbon production enhancement opportunities.
- Resolve motor pump, conveyor, hydraulic, mechanical and other industrial equipment problems.
- Prepare daily mechanical and operations reports.
- Carry out routine periodic servicing and maintenance on all the rotating equipment such as generator prime mover, fire water pump, crane engine, various electrically driven pumps, compressor, etc. to reduce the rate of breakdown maintenance and encourage smooth operation.
- Assist and support HSE teams in ensuring compliance to Safety and Security Policies and procedures at Company’s locations.
- Champion the enforcement of standards and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in a core Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Petroleum, Production, Electrical or Instrumentation).
- Minimum of Upper Credit or Second Class Upper Division. A Master’s degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience at supervisory level in a reputable E&P company and with a proven track record of rotating equipment support.
- Must have a good knowledge of Operational and Mechanical Practices in an E&P Company. He is expected to have an in depth knowledge of offshore /swamp production engineering and operations.
- The candidate must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- In depth knowledge of Mechanical, Production and Facilities.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multidisciplinary and multitasking team.
Very attractive and highly competitive within the industry.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.