We are leading upstream Oil & Gas Company with active operator-ship of prolific blocks. As a current expansion and development program, we are seeking to engage experienced, intelligent and resourceful candidates in the capacity below:
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carryout calibration, failed safe test, pressure testing etc.
- Must be capable of applying production, operational, Instrumentation engineering and management principles to resolve instrumentation problems and optimize hydrocarbon production enhancement opportunities.
- Must have experience to check and repair defective pneumatic control systems, and bleed all systems for dry air supply for controllers.
- Ensure routine cleaning of strainers both on LACT Charge and main pump lines.
- Repair and service of meters and routine check on rotating parts, PLCs
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals
- Must have competencies to prepare daily instrumentation and operations reports.
- Ensure all Indicating and recording instruments are functional and calibrated as schedule.
- Assist and support HSES teams in ensuring compliance to Safety and Security Policies and procedures at Company’s locations.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in a core engineering discipline (Instrumentation, Electrical/ Electronics or Mechanical).
- A minimum of Upper Credit or Second Class Upper Division. A Master’s degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked at senior level in a similar position for at least five (5) years in a reputable E&P Company and with proven track record of Instrumentation, production and operations management.
- Must have a good knowledge of Operational and Instrument Practices in an E&P Company
- Must have an in depth knowledge of offshore /swamp production engineering and operations, Well test and optimization of field production, development planning.
- Must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-tasking team.
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals.
Very attractive and highly competitive within the industry.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.