Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, an International Oil Service company with a strong presence in Oil and Gas pipeline construction and facilities as well as related activities, will be embarking on a major project soon. To meet the requirement of this project, we are currently seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Works Construction Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities)
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day construction management of the project
- Prepares, supervises and approves the development of PEP [from construction point of view], and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented through out the life of the project including Project Close-out
- Manage the construction effort and be the construction representative of our company with Client. To plan, develop and organize the construction effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan to timely completion within budget and to implement the execution of that plan
- Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to construction/ fabrication, pre-commissioning, load-out and offshore installation hook-up and offshore pre-commissioning and commissioning of the facilities in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule
- Monitor and report to Project Manager / Sr Construction Manager of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner
- Ensures all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented
- Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to all the team members
- Review man-hours and duration forecasts to completion for onshore construction and man-hours, duration and manning forecasts for offshore hook-up and offshore installation durations and resource requirements
- Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks through out the Company
- Any other ad-hoc projects and duties as required by the management.
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
- 10 to 15 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas and Offshore Construction industry
- Must possess construction experience in offshore structures and/or submarine pipeline installation projects
- Ability to travel as and when required.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.