Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an International Engineering & Marine company is seeking to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Job Seniority: Mid level
Job Category: Engineering
- Execute installation and commissioning activities, troubleshooting, fault diagnosis, repair and maintain the company’s fuel monitoring system while onboarding customer vessels.
- Perform installation surveys as and when required.
- Perform all assigned jobs according to the technical and work instructions supplied.
- Generate Method Statements and Risk Assessments pertaining to the development of the work scope.
- Conduct installation and commissioning activities in line with the work scope.
- Supervise and support the installation/fabrication teams on assigned jobs.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and rectify system faults within available timescales.
- Report to management if system rectification conflicts with agreed timescales.
- Maintain contact with the manager to establish existing workload and spares requirements.
- Ensure that all job documentation is provided on a clear and timely basis.
- Ensure that timesheets are submitted accurately and on time.
- Identify any areas that require remedial work or further attention and advise customer and manager as necessary, take corrective action where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for additional work and report to management.
- Ensure that all personal and company supplied tools and equipment are calibrated according to established procedures and are fit for purpose.
- Assist in ongoing product development activities as and when required.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, both on-site and within a workshop environment
- Maintain a working knowledge of company Quality management system as it affects the specific role and that of the team
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company Quality Management system and customer specifications or contracts
- Any other appropriate support to engineering functions as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marine and Offshore industry experience.
- A proven track record in a similar service or automation engineering role.
- Basic knowledge of network communications and diagnostics, IP based systems, and software integration.
- Working knowledge of Instrumentation communication.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to investigate problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to mobilize at short notice in-line with client expectations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.