The National Examinations Council (NECO) has recently unveiled the timetable for the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for external candidates in 2023. This essential guide aims to provide candidates with comprehensive information regarding examination dates, subjects, and time slots to ensure they are well-prepared for the upcoming assessments.
The NECO GCE 2023 examination is scheduled to commence on Monday, 20th November 2023, and conclude on Wednesday, 20th December 2023. Candidates are encouraged to take note of these dates to ensure they are adequately prepared.
The timetable covers a range of subjects, each assigned specific dates and time slots to streamline the examination process. Here are some key subject highlights:
Arabic and French Papers:
- Arabic Paper III (Objective) – Tuesday, 21st Nov. (2:00 pm – 3:30 pm)
- French Paper IV (Oral) – Actual date and time to be fixed by the Council
Chemistry and Physics Papers:
- Chemistry Paper I (Alternative to Practical) – Wednesday, 22nd Nov. (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
- Physics Paper I (Alternative to Practical) – Monday, 27th Nov. (2:00 pm – 4:45 pm)
Literature and Mathematics Papers:
- Literature in English Paper II (Drama & Poetry) – Friday, 24th Nov. (3:00 pm – 4:40 pm)
- General Mathematics Paper III (Objective) – Saturday, 2nd Dec. (10:00 am – 11:45 am)
Further Mathematics and History Papers:
- Further Mathematics Paper III (Objective) – Saturday, 9th Dec. (10:00 am – 12:00 noon)
- History Paper III & II (Objective & Essay) – Monday, 9th Dec. (10:00 am – 12:00 noon)
- English Language Papers – Saturday, 16th Dec. (10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- French Paper I & II – Tuesday, 12th Dec. (2:00 pm – 4:45 pm)
Tips for Success:
To excel in the NECO GCE 2023 examination, candidates are advised to adhere to the timetable diligently. Here are some tips for success:
- Effective Time Management: Allocate time wisely during the examination to ensure all questions are attempted.
- Thorough Subject Preparation: Focus on a comprehensive study of each subject to enhance understanding.
- Regular Revision: Schedule regular revision sessions to reinforce learned concepts.
- Stay Informed: Keep abreast of any updates or changes in the examination schedule.
As candidates gear up for the NECO GCE 2023 examination, following the timetable is crucial for success. Schoolbegin wishes all candidates the best in their endeavors, urging them to stay focused and perform to the best of their abilities.