British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Line Lead – Manufacturing
Job Number: 35524
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: Manager: FRMD
Reporting Level: Management
Geographic Scope: Nigeria
Role Positioning And Objectives
- This role is part of Manufacturing sub-function.
- The role is responsible for offering support and management to a number of Team Leads in order to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost, handling the overall good functionality of the shop floor.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Rigorous execution of DMS (Daily Management System) and other applicable standards
- Month on month improvement in machine uptime and quality.
- Robust systems in place to monitor key performance indicators
- Good working relationships established both internally and with OEM’s. (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
- Align with EHS standards and Audit recommendations.
- A strong analytical and coaching skills which encourages outstanding performance will be required.
- Takes ownership of equipment reliability and focusses effort on optimum production output as per schedule.
- Demonstrates ownership of improving the maintenance results and systems at specific equipment level.
- Conducts fixed interval maintenance per plans, utilizing minimum resources.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies will be important.
- Understands and can clearly articulate basic demand principles.
- Understands and abides by standards and procedures for maintaining high standards of equipment effectiveness.
- Understands means of delivering high quality product outputs through effective utilization of direct and ancillary equipment.
- Effective at putting new insights into practice and proactively adjusts to new environments. Is a strategic and clear problem solver
- that can create and simply articulate a compelling vision and determine priorities.
- Leading and managing a team of 10 – 25
- Clear understanding of resource management (people and costs)
- Delivers outstanding results by executing with passion, excellence and a following through
- Ability to develop and effectively mentor/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Engineering with NYSC completed
- Minimum of 2 years in manufacturing environment, ideally in an FMCG company
- Solid understanding of Integrated Work Systems (IWS)
- Familiarity with structured problem tools, such as fishbone diagram, 5 why, root-cause analysis
- Demonstrated leadership skills through previous team management
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good computer skills
- Analytical Skills – Ability to work with data and information
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical data to support recommendations
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Specific technical mastery on equipment useful
- Strong communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online