Verified 2023 JAMB Mathematics Questions and Answers. Here is Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board released maths expo answers for 25th April, 2023. I will be showing the JAMB CBT mathematics answers and all you need to excel in the examination.
Are you a JAMB candidate? is mathematics include in your chosen subject? if yes, you have nothing to worry. JAMB mathematics will be posted here for free. Invite your friends and any other person you know that might be in need for this.
JAMB is an entrance examination written by students who wish to get admission into tertiary-level institutions. Candidates are required to chose 4 subject including English language.
In this article, we will be showing this year mathematics expo as well as JAMB mathematics past questions and answers pdf for free.
We understand that the 2023 mathematics question and answer will not be the same for all candidate. You have nothing to worry. The expo will cover for different sections or time difference. All you need do is to keep refreshing this page.
2023 JAMB Mathematics CBT Questions and Answers (Expo)
JAMB Mathematics answers 2023 Loading…90% completed
Click Here to view Today JAMB answers
The questions below are past JAMB exam questions on mathematics. Use them for practice purpose. The main answers will be posted here 2 hours before it start. Make sure you keep refreshing this page for your own good.
We are going to provide JAMB 2023 answers for free. Here is what you need to do to benefit
I. You are to visit our youtube channel https://youtube.com/@mathsfinger and subscribe to the channel for free. Screenshot it when you have done that and send it to me on WhatsApp 08125764523.
ii. You are to invite at least 10 of your friends to like and subscribe as well
iii. You are to watch at least 5 of our video and share them as well. Once you do this, you are qualified to receive the JAMB answers for free.
The link our youtube channel is https://youtube.com/@mathsfinger
JAMB Past Mathematics Answers
1. The sum of two numbers is twice their difference. If the difference of the numbers is P, find the larger of the two numbers
ANSWER: B (3p/2)
2. A binary operation * is defined by a*b = ab+a+b for any real number a and b. if the identity element is zero, find the inverse of 2 under this operation.
ANSWER: D ( -2/3) 3.
A cone has a base radius of 4 cm and a height of 3 cm. The area of its curved surface is
A. 12 pi cm^2
B. 20 pi cm^2
C. 24 pi cm^2
D. 251 pi cm^2
ANSWER: B (20 pi cm^2)
4. Find the rate of change of the total surface area S of a sphere with respect to its radius r when r = 2
A. 8 B. 16 C. 10 D. 14
5. Differentiate (cosӨ + sinӨ)2 with respect to Ө.
A. 2cos2Ө B. 2sin2Ө C. -2cos2Ө D. -2sin2Ө
6. A binary operation * on the set of rational numbers is defined as x * y = 2x + [x3 – y3/x + y]. find -1*2
A. 11 B. -11 C. 8 D. -8
7. A polynomial in x whose zeroes are 2, 1 and -3 is ______
A. x3 – 7x + 6
B. x3 + 7x – 6
C. x3 – 7x – 6
D. x3 + 7x + 6
8. Find the range of values of x for which 7x – 3 > 3x + 4
A. x < 7/4
B. x > 7/4
C. 7x < 4
D. -4x < 7
9. Some red balls were put in a basket containing 12 white balls and 16 blue balls. If the probability of picking a red ball from the basket is 3/7, how many red balls were introduced?
A. 13 B.20 C. 12 D. 21
10. Convert 12314 to a number in base 6.
11. Find the slope of the curve y = 3×3 + 5×2 – 3 at (-1, 5).
A. 1 B. -1 C. 19 D. -19
12. Find the area of the region bounded by y = x2 + x – 2 and x-axis.
A. 9/2 B. -39/6 C. 8/3 D. 16/3
13. The minimum value of y = x2 – 4x – 5 is ______
A. 2 B. -2 C.13 D. -13
14. There are 8 boys and 4 girls in a lift. What is the probability that the first person who steps out of the lift will be a boy?
A. 3/4 B. 1/3 C. 2/3 D. 1/4
15. H varies directly as p and inversely as the square of y. If H = 1, p = 8 and y = 2, find H in terms of p and y.
A. H = p /4y^2 B. H = 2p / y^2 C. H = p / 2 y^2 D. H = p / y^2
16. Solve 4x^2 – 16x + 15
A. X = 1 (1/2) or X = -2 (1/2) B. X = 1 (1/2) or X = 2 (1/2) C. X = 1 (1/2) or X = -1 (1/2) D. X = -1 (1/2) or X = -2 (1/2)
17. If (0.25)^y = 32, find the value of y.
A. y = -5/2 B. y = -3/2 B. y = 3/2 D. y = 5/2.
18. Simplify: log 6 – 3log 3 + 2/3log 27.
A. 3log 2 B. Log 2 C. Log 3 D. 2log 3
19. Bala sold an article for 6,900.00 nairas and made a profit of 15 percent. Calculate his percentage profit if he had sold for 6600.00.
A. 5 percent B. 10 percent C. 12 percent D. 13 percent
20. If 3P = 4Q and 9P = 8Q-12, find the value of PQ.
A. 12 B. 7 C. -7 D. -12
21. Evaluate 0.42 divided by 2.5 /0.5 x 2.05, leaving the answer in standard form.
A. 1.639 x 10^2 B. 1.639 x 10^1 C. 1.639 x 10^-1 D. 1.639 x 10^-2.
22. A husband contributes 7% of his income into a fund and his wife contributes 4% of her income. If the husband earns N5,500 per annum (p.a) and his wife earns N4,000 p.a, find the sum of their contribution
to the fund.
A. N1,045 B. N605 C. N545 D. N490.
23. If the children share N10.50K among themselves in the ratio 6:7:8, How much is the largest share?
A. N3.00 B. N3.50 C. N4.00 D. N4.50.
24. A trader makes a loss of 15% when selling an article. Find the ratio, selling price: cost price.
A. 3:20 B. 3:17 C. 17:20 D. 20:23.
25. The ages of three men are in the ratio 3:4:5. If the difference between the ages of the oldest and youngest is 18 years, find the sum of the ages of the three men.
A. 45 years B. 72 years C. 108 years D. 216 years.
JAMB mathematics is not a difficult task. All you need is to prepare well for the exam. Most of the questions are usually repeated from past questions.
If you think that this article on 2023 JAMB CBT Mathematics Questions and Answers is helpful, make sure you share it with other. For further assistant, use the comment box to reach us.
JAMB Use of English Questions and Answers
JAMB Physics Questions and Answers
Jamb Literature Questions and Answers