A reputable Boarding School in Laogs is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Life Guard
Location: Ibeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises swimmers to ensure they are swimming within the safety protocols
- Spots hazard and potential hazard and take measures to prevent accidents
- Performs rescue in the event of drowning or swimming accident
- Controls and report unruly behavior and evict individuals not adhering to behavior protocols
- Performs First aid and CPR as the situation warrants
- Performs pool chemical checks to ensure safety and hygiene
- Maintains continuous surveillance of people in the pool area
- Ensure appropriate head count of people in the pool
- Checks safety of rescue tubes and life buoys and perform needed maintenance
- Ensure that all pool equipment are stored safely
- Monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents
- Caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations in a friendly and helpful manner
- Follow emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain order in the pool and all other sporting areas
- Inspect facilities for cleanliness; complete general pool cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Provide general information on pool operation to members
- Give support during swimming lessons
- Maintain an acceptable appearance and attitude at all times. No charting and phoning when students are in the pool
- Maintain a high standard and exemplary behavior in and outside the pool
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- To maintain attendance and activity record and complete required reports
- To provide periodic supervision and custodial needs of locker rooms and other related equipment
- Maintain good and cordial relationship with other members of the community
- With the nature of your job, high level of discipline is expected to the displayed at all times.
- Ensure Health and safety Policies are observed at all times
- Maintain and care for students’ swimming costumes
- Any other duties assigned by the HOD, PHE / Sports.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of OND / NCE in Physical Health Education
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
- Swimming coaching certificates from National Institute of Sports
- Life Saving Certificate
- First Aid Certificate from State or National Red Cross Association.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Health and safety practices
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Fit and agile
- Excellent swimmer
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.