We are leading upstream Oil & Gas Company with active operator-ship of prolific blocks. As a current expansion and development program, we are seeking to engage experienced, intelligent and resourceful candidates in the capacity below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply production, operational, Electrical engineering and management principles to resolve electrical problems and optimize hydrocarbon production enhancement opportunities.
- Repair defective components in motors, generators, controller, storage batteries, switch boards and other electrical fixtures,
- Prepare daily electrical and operations reports.
- Carry out servicing and general maintenance on electrical part of the generator, electric motors, water fire pump, air conditioner unit, electric cooker, transformer, light fitting, fridge, freezers, water heaters etc.
- Diagnose defect on the electric panel, gas and fire alarm systems, circuit breaker and effect repairs.
- Carryout maintenance and charging of various wet cell batteries use for the operation to avoid total failure.
- Assist and support HSE teams in ensuring compliance to Safety and Security Policies and procedures at Company’s locations.
- Champion the enforcement of standards and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in a core Engineering discipline (Electrical or instrumentation).
- Minimum of Upper Credit or Second Class Upper Division. A Master’s degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked at senior level is a similar position for at least five (5) years in a reputable E&P Company and with proven track record of production and operations management.
- Must have a good knowledge of Operational and Electrical Practices in an E&P Company.
- Must have an in depth knowledge of offshore /swamp production engineering and operations.
- Must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- In depth knowledge of Electrical, Production and Facilities engineering.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-tasking team.
- Must be result oriented and committed to company goals.
Very attractive and highly competitive within the industry.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.