PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019. PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Part-time
- We’re looking for an experienced Public Relations & Communication Manager who is passionate about our mission of driving, inclusion in Africa.
- The ideal candidate will create, maintain and protect Palmpay’s reputation, enhances its prestige and present a favourable image;
- Implement the full spectrum of Public Relations tactics including pitching to news media, coordinating news conferences, arranging editorial boards, coordinating special events, preparing collateral materials, and managing internal communications across multiple businesses and partners.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a PR strategy to effectively reach customers, communicate the value proposition of products and influence the purchase.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Incorporate required communications activities, outreach and events in Palmpay’s annual workplans to achieve the program’s internal and external communications goals. Review and revise communications products for external publication and ensure compliance with Palmpay’s Branding and Marking Plan.
- Write and/or review assigned press releases, success stories, quarterly and annual reports, features and briefs for publication on Palmpay’s website and other channels. Review selected content on the program’s website, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Support the company’s ongoing activities by working closely with appointed agencies in the creation of press releases, and media alerts, creating media target lists, building product messaging, supervising media outreach and product review program.
- Coordinate and oversee all communications aspects of events and webinars, including promotion, program content, registration materials and related items.
- Responsible for team strength & performance level (attraction, selection, retention & development of the Palmpay PR team).
- Develop, maintain and grow extensive contacts base relevant to the broadcast media industry spanning print, broadcast and digital, in trade and consumer media.
- Proactive identification of potential issues and crises related to the Palmpay brand in Nigeria and providing solutions.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on a going basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations & Administration, Media & Communication, Journalism, Marketing or other related fields.
- At least 3 years experience in public relations/communication management in a financial institution/fintech.
- Communication skills
- Digital media & multi-media skills
- Social media management
- Relationship building and Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Adaptability skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online