Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager, Instrumentation (Power Plant)
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Select, install, calibrate and check sensing, telemetering, and recording instrumentation and circuitry in Gas turbine based power plant.
- Develop specifications for nonstandard apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus.
- Sketch and build or modify jigs, fixtures, and instruments and related apparatus, and verifies dimensional and functional acceptability of devices fabricated by craft or technical personnel.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of Instrumentation and Control System of Gas Turbine based power plant and peripheral equipment.
- Ensure timely procurement actions for maintenance spares required.
- Ensure personnel safety & health and ensure good housekeeping during all maintenance jobs.
- To devise appropriate PM schedules for all critical equipment as per OEM recommendations and ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure discipline, skill enhancement and motivation of subordinates.
- Install or direct technical personnel in installation of unit in test chamber or other test facility.
- To ensure proper operation of test apparatus during test cycle to produce, regulate, and record effects of actual or simulated conditions such as vibration, stress, temperature, humidity, pressure, altitude, and acceleration.
- Analyze, convert test data to usable form, and prepares graphs and written reports to translate test results.
- Use computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Section Head, Instrumentation from time to time.
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering with Power option, or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 15 experience in Gas Turbine based power plants Instrumentation maintenance.
Skills & Competencies:
- Well conversant with Instrumentation philosophies, Instrumentation Standards, Engineering Standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of various kinds of Instrumentation and design philosophy of complete package, Knowledge of different DCS systems & Control Logics,
- Good knowledge of power plant processes, Knowledge of Governor control, Turbine control systems, Fire and Gas Detection system, communication systems and Integration of different control systems.
- Preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
- Well conversant with safety requirements for execution of jobs, permit system.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good oral and written communication skill.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools like Microsoft Office, SAP etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online