Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Network Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- To Control, Manage and Support day to day network operations to ensure that the Glass Ball of Customer Experience does not fall 24/7/365, delivering Operational excellence and +1 Network Experience.
- Day to day management of all Network, Regional Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners(SPs) to deliver optimal availability and Perpetual quality ( Customer). Day-Day Regional customer experience assurance:
- End-to end operational management of the entire Core/IN/VAS, Base station system and Transmission domain
- Periodic audit of all technology domains
- Drive test management, (planning, log collection, reporting, implementation, of recommendations)
- Spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non critical spares
- Service Provider Service Level Agreement management
- Preventive Maintenance Schedule Audit
- Incidence management recommendation follow up
- Support the Operational Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial, Customer Service Delivery and IT teams
- Ensure all regional Requirements and deliverables of Operations and Maintenance are met.
- Prepare and manage the annual operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems:
- Direct Annual Operating Plan compilation for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Direct achievement of Annual Operating Plan targets and all local and group Operating Expenditure saving initiatives to ensure optimization of all network investments
- Ensure Key focus on recurring Operating Expenditure.
- Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP( Process Management):
- Create and Ensure adherence to Governance Model.
- Define service level agreements for internal processes and partners, monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points
- Ensure compliance to applicable policies, procedures and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across relevant touch points to ensure synergy across all SPs services
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all SPs are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the central and Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
- Partner Management:
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Identify processes that will continually improve efficiency of delivery of Key Performance Indicators
- Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel Nigeria to create a high performance team environment:
- Recruit the right talent in consultation with function head, as per defined recruitment guidelines
- Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
Educational Qualification & Required Skills
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- 10-12 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 5-8 years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- With at least 3 years senior management experience in an area of network operations
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of; among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.