FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC is a unique multinational FMCG & B2B company aiming to stay successful in an ever-changing and increasingly complex world. We are unique because our suppliers, the farmers, are also our owners. Since we own the entire supply chain, from grass to glass, we can guarantee the high quality of all our products. As we work in highly competitive markets, we need to be agile while balancing all interdependencies inside and outside our company. Next to a supply-driven business, our portfolio consists of many strong commercial brands all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Our maintenance workshops needs to be run effectively and repairable components restored.
- The maintenance technician will ensure that state of installation is kept up to date and properly maintained. And provide specialist support in relations to adjustments, repairs, analysis and modifications of plant equipment.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Executing maintenance and inspections in compliance with the agreed maintenance concept (work-flow control).
- Provide assistance on remedy, breakdowns in three-shift operation.
- Identify and remedy technical issues on the plant equipment with particular focus around the dedicated work area.
- Organizing repairable components are repaired and made available effectively
- Participate and assist in organizing maintenance stoppages, maintenance overhauls and all maintenance activities.
- Organize and execute repair work on the plant equipment with particular focus around the dedicated work area.
- Execution of failure analysis and definition of counter measures (RCFA, BDA)
- Update documentation and drawings
- To contribute to the implementation of the plant WCOM process
- Keep the workshops and tools in proper condition
- Identification of required maintenance components to keep in stock with particular focus around the dedicated work area.
- Coordinate and support 3rd party services on “his” equipment.
- Preparing, executing and evaluating modifications.
- Identification of weak points and improvement areas of “his” equipment and development of countermeasures/solutions.
- Identification of technical components to keep in stock.
- Support and coaching of operators and shift technicians with regards to CILT and Changeovers
- Participation in AM work stream in close cooperation with the operators.
- Set up SMED lists for production equipment with particular focus around the dedicated areas.
- Participation in breakdown reduction and shortstop reduction teams.
- For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it’s not just about what we do, but who we are.
- We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our 22,000 employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company.
- At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
- The engineering team strives to ensure zero machine downtime. Afterall nourishing Nigerians with quality dairy nutrition starts with reliable production lines. This role will partners with the plant production leadership team, maintenance personnel and operators.
To be a successful in this position, you will have:
- Experience in dairy processing plant equipments – seamers, sterilisers, pasteuriserand homogenisers, krones control labelling machine, auto wrap around shrink wrapping machine.
- Good knowledge of double seam operation inclusive of setting up and trouble shooting.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Computer literacy.
- Not less than 5 years in a similar role.
- Minimum HND degree in an Engineering role.
- Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it.
- The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online