The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Specialist
Job ID: R2044
Employment Type: Full-time
- The F&A Specialist will provide in country operations support to MTAPS Nigeria project primarily to the COVID Response activity and also to the GHSA activity as guided. The F&A specialist will provide financial support to both MTaPS Nigeria COVID Response and GHSA activities.
- The F&A Specialist reports to the Finance Director and will have a project reporting line to the Principal Technical Advisor, COVID Vaccine Response.
- This position will work closely with the Nigeria MSH F&A team to ensure that MTaPS Nigeria team operates as a cohesive, functional unit within the broader MSH Nigeria structure that provides high-quality, responsive, timely and cost-effective services to all MSH projects within the framework of local laws, MSH policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements.
- The F&A Specialist will also proactively engage, coordinate and work with the HO based MTaPS project management team, MTaPS Finance Leadership and any other units as required in HO.
- The F&A Specialist will be involved in the preparation of payroll information, accurate posting of accounting transactions into the MSH’s financial management system, ensure accuracy and timeliness of deposits and payment, monthly account reconciliations, will enforce MSH and Donor rules & regulations as they relate to finance, operations, contract and procurement support, comply with MSH finance, procurement and administrative MSH procedures and actively support any internal and external audits as needed and work closely with the MSH Nigeria F&A team to identify internal control areas that need to be strengthened.
- The F&A Specialist will ensure the smooth operations of the financial, operations and administration of MTaPS Nigeria including the office management systems, tools and services; accounting, financial reporting and budget management, training logistics and workshop planning; security; conducting compliant procurement of services and goods, managing fleet management needs and providing support with the international and in country travel.
- S/he must complete tasks maintaining high standard with quality.
- S/he will contribute to achieve project targets. It includes purchase requisition review, provides guidance for developing event budgets, per-diem calculation, record keeping, organizing workshops, training events, seminar and meetings (inside and outside of the office) with counterparts and stakeholders on project activities.
- S/he responsible for arranging all events by anticipating project needs, discerning work priorities, and meeting deadlines with close supervision of multiple project events under the guidance of the Principal Technical Advisor and in coordination with program team.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a similar field.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Required: At least five (5) years of experience in an independent administrative and accounting position with advanced bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Preferred: Experience in working with donor-funded projects and general understanding of their rules and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Work experience with projects supported by international organizations.
- Proficient in Excel preferably advanced level.
- Proficient in use of Financial Management Accounting systems i.e. QuickBooks, PeopleSoft, SAP, Agresso etc. (and modules like GL, Accounts Payable &, Procurement)
- Experience with organizing workshops and training courses.
- Experience developing and interpreting standard financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow) and creation of Journal entries required.
- English fluency required Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meets deadline.
- Able to manage and coordinate activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while driving results.
- Perform logistical analysis
- Creative Problem Solving
- Organized detail oriented
- Travel requirements, Keyboard use, Pulling drawers,
- Lifting papers <10lbs., ETC.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.