Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Sales Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The Purpose of this Job is to Identify, Profile, Prospect and Acquire Data Centre(DC) Customers for Airtel, either as fresh customers or porting customers from competition and a critical requirement for achieving Airtel Business Revenue aspiration from selling DC Collocation & Cloud Services.
Responsible For Developing and Executing The DC Sales Strategy for Airtel Business:
- Develop Overall DC Sales Strategy for Aggressive Acquisition of DC customers across Nigeria
- Develop Solid DC Sales Pipeline for Self and Team Follow Up
- Ensure 70% conversion of prospect to customers
- Secure opportunities to run presentations of Airtel DC collation services to the target audience i.e. corporates and SMEs
- Identify Relevant Collaborations & Events that provide opportunity to showcase DC services to potential customers
- Leverage existing sales channels that currently sell GSM, E1 PRI, Fixed Internet and VAS, for sales of DC collocation services
- Upsell & Cross-sell DC services to existing customer base
Responsible For The Development of Airtel DC Channel Partner Programme:
- Develop Special Channel Partner Programme for DC sales on a mass scale nationwide.
- Recommend Incentive Programmes for Channel Growth
- Develop Channel Expansion Programmes for acquiring Partners with IT sales experience & minimum trading capital nationwide.
Responsible for Gathering Intelligence on Competitor Activities in The DC Sales Space and Proposing Pre-emptive Counter Measures:
- Monitor the activities of competition and develop or recommend counter measures to win competition
- Track and Reporting all DC activities by Competition and special promotional activities that may impact sales
Responsible for The Day-to-Day Management of All DC Related Customer Enquiries and Complaints From Managed Accounts:
- Attend to all daily DC related customer enquiries and complaints, especially from managed account.
- Liaise with Support teams to ensure prompt and adequate resolution of all DC customers’ complaints
Responsible For Tracking Daily, Weekly & Monthly Reports on all KPIs i.e.:
- Submit Daily, Weekly and Monthly Sales Reports
- Track Daily Performance at all levels i.e. individual, and group performances
- Focus all individual and team activities on ensuring that DC sales KPIs are met and on track on daily basis
Collections & Debt Management:
- Encourage customers pay their bills timely.
- Reduce debt portfolio and account churn.
- Follow up with respective Service Executives and Finance to ensure bills are delivered and payments received promptly.
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- A University Degree.
- 5 years minimum preferably in Telecoms
- 3 years’ experience in managing Key Accounts.
Skills and Competencies:
- Time Management, Product Knowledge, Technology Savvy, Negotiation Skills
- Experience in Enterprise Technology Sales (DC Sales will be an added advantage).
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.