CBM Global Disability Inclusion works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalised in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfil their full potential.
We work in over 20 countries, investing in long-term, authentic partnership with the Disability Movement and maximising our impact through a coordinated mix of inclusive community-based programmes, local to global advocacy and delivering inclusion advice to other organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Programme Manager, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Country Director
- The Country Programme Manager is responsible and accountable for the programme components of CBM Global’s Country Plan. As the leader of the Programme team in country, this is a central and strategic role. Success requires working in close collaboration with partners, Thematic Teams and Member Associations to develop, win support for and ensure effective delivery of a growing portfolio of programme work, across all three vehicles of change detailed in the organisation’s programmatic strategy.
- S/he will ensure high standards, in line with our Programme Quality Framework and the development and maintenance of effective and authentic partnerships in line with our Approach to Partnership.
- S/he will establish strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning within CBM’s Country Office and partners.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a member of the Country Programme Senior Management Team, support the Country Director with the overall leadership of the Country Programme.
- Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan.
- Lead the Programmes team within the country Team. Clearly articulate a compelling vision and direction for the team. Inspire and direct the team towards achieving this vision. Build team performance through management, coaching and mentoring.
- Build and maintain authentic partnerships with stakeholders, in particular with the disability movement, ensuring our work reflects and is responsive to the needs of people with disabilities. Foster a model and approach to partnership that aligns with and supports our partnership principles.
- Working with partners, Thematic Teams and Member Associations, lead the development of a coherent portfolio of programme work, across all vehicles of change detailed in CBM Global’s programmatic strategy. Champion an approach that embraces CBM Global’s operating model; programme quality framework; and partnership with the disability movement.
- Identify funding opportunities for CBM Global’s work. Actively support fundraising and cost recovery and raise funds from in-country sources.
- Work with and support partners to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects in line with required standards, objectives, activity plans and budgets. Ensure project reporting requirements are met in line with CBM Global and donor requirements, standards and timelines.
- Foster a culture of learning and accountability by promoting the inclusion of good monitoring, evaluation, feedback and learning practices within projects. Support learning dissemination, and documentation of good practice cases.
- Support the Finance Manager to ensure that programme and financial aspects of project design, budgeting and implementation go together.
- Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the Country Director in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom CBM can collaborate.
- Advocate, champion and model disability inclusion to promote inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
- Ensure that all children and adults who come into contact with CBM’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible. Comply with all aspects of the CBM Global Safeguarding policy and associated standards and procedures.
Key outcomes expected from this role:
- A coherent and growing portfolio of programmes, aligned to the country plan and organisation programmatic strategy that is developed and delivered to an exemplary standard, achieving agreed outcomes and impact.
- A high performing, agile programmes team with a culture that reflects CBM Global’s values and champions the foundation principles detailed in the Operating Model.
- Authentic and effective partnerships, developed and maintained in line with CBM Global’s approach to partnership.
- Compliance with CBM Global procedures and standards relating to project design, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation and learning.
- CBM Global and its work with partners is recognised as a driving force for promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
All of the following requirements are essential, unless marked with a * when they are desirable.
- Relevant University Degree in Social Sciences, International Development or related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at senior level.
- Experience and a track record in developing and managing large scale inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners, including consortium led projects.
- Experience and a track record of identifying fundraising opportunities; successfully securing grants from donor organisations and of building productive relationships with donors.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
Skills / Competencies / Personal Qualities:
- Skilled in building collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders, internal and external.
- Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful and entrepreneurial.
- Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate focus and decisiveness.
- Passionate about effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
- English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).
- Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage.*
- The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience. We offer a local contract.
- We offer an inclusive work culture and supportive team.
- As part of its commitment to its work with people with disabilities, CBM Global aims to help successfully employ and retain people with disabilities and those with health conditions.
- We have a comprehensive equality and diversity policy.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2021. 09:00 UK time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download, fill and send the completed Application Form along with their Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- You must have the right to work in Nigeria, Kenya or Burkina Faso. We are only able to accept candidates who meet this criteria.
- Please download and complete the Application Form from the advert using the link above. There is space on the Application Form to include a cover letter. Please make sure that you provide specific examples where you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification, either here or on your CV.
- Informal enquiries are also welcome to the above email address.
- In the subject header of your email it would be helpful if you could add the role title for which you are applying.
- Many of our roles advertised attract large numbers of applicants, and we may not be able to respond to everyone that applies. If we have not been in touch with you within three weeks of the closing date, it is likely that on this occasion we have shortlisted other candidates who meet the criteria more fully.
- We do thank you for your application and your interest in working with CBM Global. Please feel free to apply again in the future for other suitable roles.
- We very much look forward to receiving your application.