Are you a prospective student eager to kickstart your academic journey at the University of Ilorin? The School of Preliminary Studies (SPS) is now inviting applications for the 2023/2024 academic session. This unique program offers a gateway for students to transition into various degree programs at the university.
Admission Criteria and Opportunities
1. Performance-Based Admissions:
- Admitted SPS candidates who successfully pass the program’s examinations are eligible for consideration for admission into degree programs.
- The top ten students in Sciences, Arts, and Commercial subjects in the SPS final examinations, meeting University entry requirements, have the chance to secure admission into a myriad of courses, excluding MB;BS and LAW.
2. Available Programs:
The University of Ilorin offers a diverse range of programs, including but not limited to:
- B. Aquaculture and Fisheries
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Human Kinetics
- B.Sc. Architecture
- B. Agric
- B.A. (Ed.) Christian Studies
- B.Sc. Estate Management
- B. Forestry and Wildlife
- … and many more.
3. Admission Requirements:
- Arts and Arts Education:
- Specific requirements for certain departments, e.g., Department of Psychology requiring a credit grade in Biology at O’ level.
- UTME subject combinations for Social Sciences courses include English, Economics, Government, and either Geography or Commerce.
4. Duration and Eligibility:
- The program spans one academic session.
- Primarily open to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, with considerable opportunities for applicants from other states.
5. General Conditions:
- Inclusivity in university education: Applicants with a credit pass in a minimum of three (3) O’ Level subjects may apply, provided they register for and obtain credit passes in deficient subjects before admission.
- Engineering applicants must obtain credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics at O’ level.
6. Important Information:
- The program is residential.
- Applicants must pass five subjects at credit level, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings in SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB.
As you embark on your educational journey, the University of Ilorin’s School of Preliminary Studies provides a unique and inclusive pathway to higher education. Seize this opportunity to lay the foundation for success in your chosen field. Apply now and unlock the door to a world of possibilities at one of Nigeria’s premier universities!