Are you ready to embark on an enriching academic journey? The University of Benin is pleased to announce the commencement of the sale of Part-Time Admission forms for the 2022/2023 academic session. This presents a golden opportunity for qualified individuals to pursue their dreams through a range of approved degree programs.
Available Part-Time Degree Courses
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has given its stamp of approval for the University of Benin to offer the following degree programs:
- B.A. English Language and Literature
- B.A. International Studies and Diplomacy
- B.A. Mass Communication
- B.A. (Ed) Adult Education – Sandwich
- B.Sc. (Ed) Guidance and Counselling – Sandwich
- B.Sc. (Ed) Health Education – Sandwich
- B.Sc. (Ed) Educational Management – Sandwich
- B.Sc. (Ed) Business Education – Sandwich
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Industrial Physics
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Statistics
- B.Sc. Public Administration
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.Sc. Social Work
- Certificate in Early Child Health and Development
The application window is open from 7.00 am on July 26, 2023, to 12.00 midnight on August 31, 2023. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply:
- Visit any JAMB CBT Centre to register as a Part-Time Candidate.
- Obtain your JAMB Registration Number and visit www.uniben.edu or waeup.uniben.edu.
- Select Student Portal and then the Waeup Portal.
- Click on “PART TIME STUDIES APPLICATIONS 2022/2023.”
- Register for the application and provide all necessary information. Ensure that all compulsory fields are filled (*).
- Check your email for the system-generated ID and Password.
- Log in using the provided credentials on uniben.waeup.org.
- Click on ‘Edit application record’ to provide all required information and upload a passport photograph (1″ x 1″ COLOURED with a red background in JPEG format).
- Pay the application fee with an ATM-Enabled Verve or Master Card using the “Pay with Remita” option.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting the application online.
- Print out the Application slip for reference.
- No Application Without JAMB Registration: Ensure your application carries a valid JAMB Registration Number.
- Photograph Requirement: Failure to upload the specified passport photograph will lead to disqualification and forfeiture of admission.
- Admission Status: Candidates may not be required to write an entrance examination. However, screening will be based on O’ Level/JUBEP/Diploma results, and admission status will be available online two weeks after the application deadline.
Mark your calendars! The application website closes on August 31, 2023. All applications must be concluded online before this deadline.
General University Admission Requirements are applicable across faculties. Specific Faculty Admission Requirements are available on the University website: www.uniben.edu. To qualify for admission into the part-time degree programs, candidates must meet both general and specific requirements.