Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transaction Services Senior Analyst
Job Req ID: 23616662
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Transaction Services Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for providing leadership role for various analytic, administrative, and regulatory reporting activities in Operations and Technology.
- The overall objective of this role is to provide oversight on MIS, analytics, and regulatory oversight over various areas in Operations and Technology.
- Primary responsibility includes oversight of the Regulatory Reporting desk, Ad hoc Regulatory requirements impacting operations from various government agencies, handling of regulatory examinations and providing MIS analytical support to Operations at local, regional, and global level within Citi.
- Provides business analytical support to all areas of Operations – Cash Operations, Trade Operations, Markets and Securities, etc.
- Provides feedback on project related activities.
- Provides informal guidance or on-the-job-training to new team members
- Oversees responses to requests and deliverables to internal and external clients, vendors, and regulators.
- Utilizes knowledge of how own team coordinates with the sub functions and contributes to the objectives of the overall business
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and processes and for the area or functions within Operations.
- Leads ad hoc projects as required
- Appropriately assesses risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Applies sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing, and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to resolve complex situations related to MIS issues.
- Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge, combined with a solid understanding of industry standards and MIS practices.
- Applies professional judgment, analytical thinking, and knowledge of data analysis tools/methodologies to conduct complex analysis of MIS trends.
- Presents findings to management based on analysis conducted
- Applies project Management skills to Lead/Facilitate MIS projects for team/area supported.
Scope of the Job / Business Relationships
- Regulatory Reporting oversight
- Oversight over Regulatory reviews and examinations
- MIS oversight, analysis and reporting for Operations and Technology
- Liaison with regulatory authorities
- Liaison with various areas of Operations, Compliance and Senior Management
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc / BA Degree.
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience, out of which at least 10 must have been in the banking industry.
- At least 3 years on Senior Manager or equivalent position.
- Experience in at least three major areas of banking operations.
- Effective people management, leadership, and development skills
- Data, business analytical and intelligence skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to conduct stakeholder management activities
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and intermediate problem-solving skills
- Project Management Skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online