Tearfund is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injustice, and to restore dignity and hope in some of the world’s poorest communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Job ID.: 2670
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Job Category: International Relief & Development (Outside UK)
- Are you a self starter with passion for front desk work? Do you have the ability to multitask and work with people from different cultures? Tearfund is offering an exciting opportunity for an Office Assistant in our Abuja office.
Based in our main country office in Abuja, the Office Assist will carry out facility management functions, cleaning of office sanitation, and carry out customer care functions including but not limited to:
- Assist to ensure that the office premises are kept clean and empty trash bins on a daily basis.
- Periodic cleaning of the refrigerator, water dispensers, etc.
- Dusting the office furniture and blinds as well as cleaning of windows and doors
- Clean the restrooms with disinfectants and replenish toiletries.
- Assist in ensuring the building’s security and safety by performing tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Perform other cleaning duties as may be assigned by management.
- Be receptive to visitors and direct them to the appropriate staff when necessary.
- Shall ensure that visitors to the office feel welcomed and be hospitable in keeping with Tearfund’s values and ethos.
- Receives message(s) for the office and sends to the Admin or the staff meant for.
- Assist with the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, printing, filing (physical and electronic), etc.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2023.
Potential Interview Date
10th April 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The role will be filled when the right candidate has been found and will involve travel within the West Africa region as well as occasionally to the United Kingdom.